Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Are you delaying coin shipments?

ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,991 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've cut down my purchases but still make some here and there.

For those selling and and buying, have there been any requests to delay shipment until the crisis is over?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

No.

I can ship out today :)

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ditto!

@ErrorsOnCoins said:
    No.

I can ship out today :)

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have several items on order (not coins) and have received notices of shipment.... seems no delay in many areas. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

My guy at the USPS counter was mighty stand offish yesterday... haha

No delays thus far in receiving anything...

I guess they are in the essential category with meds and social security checks... so Ebay buy/sales is probably safe for now.

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 20, 2020 11:31AM

No - print out eBay ship label, package, drop off in USPS mailbox.

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • Options
    alefzeroalefzero Posts: 877 ✭✭✭✭✭

As long as the post office counter is still open, so am I in that regard. If not and USPS residential delivery continues, I will finally figure out how to get my Brother QL-710W to print postage and tracking stickers and give parcels to the postman.

• Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

@yspsales said:
    My guy at the USPS counter was mighty stand offish yesterday... haha

No delays thus far in receiving anything...

I guess they are in the essential category with meds and social security checks... so Ebay buy/sales is probably safe for now.

My guy is always stand offish at the counter!

Ken
  • Options
    WDPWDP Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've seen no delays in shipments to me, and have not had to delay sending any packages. So far, so good.

I am seeing increased activity and more orders off my website in the last week. Part of it is some nice new purchases and a nice consignment of 50 Liberty Seated Dollars, mostly XF-AU. I've sold four of these Dollars in the last three days and will likely ship all out next week after the checks arrive and are deposited. All four are known or regular customers.

My Post Office is open and doing business, but I'm told they have mentioned there was discussion around possible steps could be taken. Right now it's nice for me as the lines are much shorter!

I'm bummed they had to cancel the Whitman Baltimore show and the Central States shows. But I totally understand and agree.

Stay safe everyone!

W. David Perkins Numismatics - http://www.davidperkinsrarecoins.com/ - 25+ Years ANA, ANS, NLG, NBS, LM JRCS, LSCC, EAC, TAMS, LM CWTS, CSNS, FUN

• Options
    Wahoo554Wahoo554 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just received a recent GreatCollections purchase that was shipped out Wednesday morning.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,715 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wahoo554 said:
    Just received a recent GreatCollections purchase that was shipped out Wednesday morning.

Pics? >:)

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

Under the current circumstances, I would think those sending coins through the mail would expedite their shipping.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    tokenprotokenpro Posts: 851 ✭✭✭✭✭

My shipments have actually quickened from next day to same day in most cases --mornings formerly were occupied with in-person banking, appraisals, making the rounds of coin, antique & other shops, , etc. Mornings now are for (bad) photography and order fulfillment, then hitting the mail box drop off before the 3PM or 5PM pickup. Too bloody efficient if you ask me.

• Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bearcave said:
    My guy is always stand offish at the counter!

I deal with four different post offices. I see, maybe, 10 different clerks.
    They are all the most delightful and happy people you would ever want to meet.
    Honestly, I guess I'm just lucky, but it's a pleasure to interact with them.

• Options

My post office could care less if you're there or not. The largest one in the county and it opens at 0900 and closes at 1500, the little p.o. stay open till 1700. They are always friendly if you can find one to help.

Ken
  • Options

Btw, we have 10 in the large one and you can never find one to help.

Ken
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,921 ✭✭✭✭✭

My bigger issue is that the PO where I have a box is by my day job office, which is not near home, and we're on mandatory work-from-home for a while. I think I finally got temporary forwarding figured out so I don't have make a nearly full roundtrip commute just to get a package or two. As for shipping, we've had some great weather recently, so going to a mailbox to drop things off has been a great excuse to take a walk outside.

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    isaiah58isaiah58 Posts: 385 ✭✭✭

Bullion Exchange is in NY City and sent out an update. They can not ship orders over the next two weeks due to all non essential businesses not being allowed to be open. They will take orders and ship them when the situation allows.

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,606 ✭✭✭✭✭

My post office has been deserted, which is a relief from many days of it being a zoo. I ship out stuff daily, I do have one shipment coming back from cac that has been stuck in ny for a week??

I also have herd some rumors that PO (retail counter business) may be fixing to do something , but nothing concrete??

• Options
    Wahoo554Wahoo554 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭✭✭

@asheland said:

@Wahoo554 said:

Just a fun “why not?” type coin purchase. In these difficult times of quarantine and paranoia, I highly recommend numismatic retail therapy (I’m also looking forward to my Amazon Pringle’s order).

• Options
    jt88jt88 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭✭✭

I shipped a coin today

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,298 ✭✭✭✭✭

This from a 3rd party insurer, received yesterday. Confirmation of receipt may be an issue, particularly problematic with more expensive items.

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    WildIdeaWildIdea Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it’s a given than shipping something now will be a gamble.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,715 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wahoo554 said:

@asheland said:

@Wahoo554 said:

Just a fun “why not?” type coin purchase. In these difficult times of quarantine and paranoia, I highly recommend numismatic retail therapy (I’m also looking forward to my Amazon Pringle’s order).

That's a beauty! :love:

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭✭✭

I shut all sales down until it's safe again, however long that is.

I had two customers last week, one in NY, the other in Arizona, that had to go get their package instead of it being delivered.
    That's never happened before.

• Options
    remumcremumc Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭

I've stopped all international shipments by any carrier. Have 4 in limbo that I shipped 2 weeks ago via USPS. Still shipping domestic USPS & FedEx until I'm informed that I shouldn't. Shipped 3 USPS domestic parcels today.

Regards,

Wayne

www.waynedriskillminiatures.com
  • Options
    opportunityopportunity Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭

I had a 1st class package take 8 days to get to me. I think it came by ground from coast to coast...my theory being airline shut downs.

Early American Copper, Bust and Seated.

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't have a printer but have used one at a day job or if need be I go to Fed Ex with the libraries closed.

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

I shipped out three separate major error coins today with tracking.

Online sales are seeing an uptick.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file