Home U.S. Coin Forum

PCGS open or closed?

What is current situation?

Comments

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭✭

"California Governor Gavin Newsom ordered that all of the state’s 40 million residents go into home isolation starting Thursday evening..."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-20/california-governor-issues-statewide-order-for-home-isolation

Sounds like CLOSED to me.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Clio....."So you're saying there's a chance?" :D:D Hope springs eternal in the coin collectors mind.... ;) Cheers, RickO

• BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

They were open, then closed, then open, then...... ? I dunno, closed probably?

• divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭✭✭

Once a decision has been made based on this new mandate, I'm sure an email will go out.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are closed as they should be.

I praise the California Governor, Thank you for thinking about us.

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭✭✭

This thread will be closed.

Many happy BST transactions
  • ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭✭

Per the PCGS website...

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@divecchia said:
    Once a decision has been made based on this new mandate, I'm sure an email will go out.

Donato

MARCH 20, 2020 UPDATE

Pursuant to Executive Order N-33-20, issued on March 19, 2020 by the Governor of California, Collectors Universe’s Orange County office has closed until it is deemed safe to resume operations.

As a result, Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS) and Professional Sports Authenticator (PSA) have temporarily ceased operations, effective immediately.

It is evident to all that we are in uncharted territory. For now, the larger public good mandates this closure. We will share our reopen date once it is established by the state of California.

Thank you for your patience and understanding, and please stay healthy.

Sincerely,

Brett Charville
    President, PCGS

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dang... next week I had planned another submission.

Wonder what will happen to shipments already in transit.

Hope they will clarify if they can receive shipments.

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

@yspsales said:
    Dang... next week I had planned another submission.

Wonder what will happen to shipments already in transit.

Hope they will clarify if they can receive shipments.

I’m sure they’ll do like our FedEx drivers and chunk them out somewhere near the front door.

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BryceM said:
    Maybe they’ll just start grading them from photos, at home......... like we do.....

;)

And be just as accurate.

• GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is PCGS open or closed?
    Thinking about sending in a submission.

I know they were open,,, then closed,,, then reopened but have not herad anything lately, did they close again?

GrandAm :)
  • JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm thinking closed.

• TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,589 ✭✭✭✭✭

Their website is the best place to look. It does not indicate they are closed. So they are open.

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭✭

As of April 15th;

PCGS California Office Has Resumed Operations

https://www.pcgs.com/news/updates

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...
  • dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure, but a coin received on 4/23 shows the variety as of 4/27. So someone was looking at it and doing it in a very timely manner (given there was a weekend in there as well)

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file