Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

You know you got 'em - let's see those coin drawers ....

JeffersonFrogJeffersonFrog Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a coin drawer, not a junk drawer! This is coin stuff for Pete's sake - stuff I really need. The picture probably highlights some underlying OCD and therapeutic issues, but we're gonna ignore those for now. No slabs in this one, just some silver, misc coins, nick knacks, loupes, tools, stuff that makes no sense, etc. How about your coin drawer(s) - surely I'm not the only one?

If we were all the same, the world would be an incredibly boring place.

Tommy

Comments

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not touching that one.
    A little uneven, but good Photos.
    cough, achew, my eyes are tearing

• Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭✭

JeffersonFrog: Is there any method to your madness? Are the coins, 2x2's, etc arranged in any specific order within each of the drawer's subdivisions? Just curious. I have several drawers with various rolls, 2x2's, coins loose & in envelopes, etc with no real order other than they fit in the spaces.................

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

My coin drawers are in coin cabinets, so most are organized...there are a couple of random drawers with interesting items (to me) and no particular series, group or great value. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,861 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinscratchFever said:
    @JeffersonFrog . I'm curious whats you got in the wooden angel B)
    My drawers are a work in progress that just keeps on growing. Mine, started with one little '65 silver dime...That got away ;)

WoW! That is what you call a "Cherry Picker's Dream search"! Ma-a-a-n-n. Guarantee a cherry to be picked in all that stuff! Lol. :o

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 11, 2020 10:58PM

Deleted

On second thought, it was better off not said :)

Easily distracted Type Collector
  • Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,913 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins, I did find a 1963 dd quarter and a few cams and dcams. And there is maybe more to be found since I'm learning on the fly and blindly buying a bunch a stuff. However, all that is and has been on the back burner while I'm currently fixated on high grade Lincolns.

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,861 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 12, 2020 2:44PM

@CoinscratchFever said:
    @joeykoins, I did find a 1963 dd quarter and a few cams and dcams. And there is maybe more to be found since I'm learning on the fly and blindly buying a bunch a stuff. However, all that is and has been on the back burner while I'm currently fixated on high grade Lincolns.

Nice! First thing that I always shoot for at any show is the 1998 and 1999 Proof Sets. For the Close AM Cent Variety! Maybe, I shouldn't let the cat out of the bag? Lol

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

I think we hijacked this thread but, it needed help anyway :D You mean wide AM right? The cat has already fought his way outta the bag and the fever has come down a bit. But I can't change my handle. At least not until I get banned :D

• Options

Besides, your not gonna find one of those at a show unless the seller is really stupid or knows and is asking price. I got most of my stuff at pawn shops, flea markets, and antique stores where I'm hoping the seller is somewhat ignorant. Problem is, everybody has the internet.

• Options
    JeffersonFrogJeffersonFrog Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinscratchFever said:
    @JeffersonFrog . I'm curious whats you got in the wooden angel B)

A 1955-S Lincoln, resting on a piece of white paper. Used to be a boomer, starting to brown nicely. Should be worth about $5 in a few years. Or 1c. We'll see.

@DBSTrader2 said:
    JeffersonFrog: Is there any method to your madness?

No, not really, other than this is my coin version of a junk drawer. Coins are grouped by series or denomination in spaces where they fit. When a coin doesn't go in a binder, album, box of flips or Jeff drawer, it goes here. Just sort of evolved over the years.

If we were all the same, the world would be an incredibly boring place.

Tommy

• Options

Interesting. It looks like a miniature sized one hitter. So I just assumed you live in one of those legalized states😉Pretty cool nonetheless.

• Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, that was my first thought, too, but I was beat to the punch.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,290 ✭✭✭✭✭

98 and 99 proof sets are the close AM variety, FS901.

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file