Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I just checked spot Silver at CoinInfo.com and am in shock!!

13»

Comments

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this a trick question?

I don't know yet. ;)

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

GVZ

VXSLV

With high yield spreads increasing. No thank you. That looks more like sell on rips, then buy on dips.

• Options
    RockyMtnProspectorRockyMtnProspector Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭

@fivecents said:

@yspsales said:
    Seems counter productive.

It's not like the shale producers cannot be replaced.

Somebody will just buy up all the bankrupt companies, their leases, and their wells and keep pumping and keep drilling at an even lower break even point.

Doesn't Oil have to be $65 a barrel before Frackers can make any profit?

Depends on the producer and the basin.

GSAs, OBW rolls, Seated, Walkers. Anything old and Colorado-focused, CO nationals.

Gonna get me a $50 Octagonal someday. Some. Day.
  • Options
    air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭

Coworker’s wife went to the bank today and cashed a checked and asked for all back in hundreds. The bank teller stated they were out of hundreds. I have heard people have been taking cash out of banks for the last couple of weeks.

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

@air4mdc said:
    Coworker’s wife went to the bank today and cashed a checked and asked for all back in hundreds. The bank teller stated they were out of hundreds. I have heard people have been taking cash out of banks for the last couple of weeks.

Withdrew a rather large sum yesterday just in case we start seeing a run on cash like we recently have with toilet paper, Lysol, butter and beans. They were not able to complete the transaction with all $100's but were able to finish it off with $50's. Didn't appear to be an issue not to mention they are now firing up the printing presses to max capacity.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

@air4mdc said:

Buried mine in the "Bank of the Lower 40".

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

Most of the branches in my area never have many hundreds. More likely to get a band of $20's than a stack of hundreds. I don't think I've ever seen a band of $100's in my branch unless someone ordered it.

ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 18, 2020 7:25AM

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

@air4mdc said:

Me too, but I am getting ready to take out my shovel and grab all that cash to give to my stockbroker.

Unfortunately, Stockbrokers do not take cash :o so I got to do a deposit and then wire it.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 18, 2020 7:30AM

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

@air4mdc said:

Me too, but I am getting ready to take out my shovel and grab all that cash to give to my stockbroker.

Unfortunately, Stockbrokers do not take cash :o so I got to do a deposit and then wire it.

Get a receipt. :) If I forget the location of my pile, some future soul can advertise it in a future auction as a discovered hoard.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RockyMtnProspector said:

@fivecents said:

@yspsales said:
    Seems counter productive.

It's not like the shale producers cannot be replaced.

Somebody will just buy up all the bankrupt companies, their leases, and their wells and keep pumping and keep drilling at an even lower break even point.

Doesn't Oil have to be $65 a barrel before Frackers can make any profit?

Depends on the producer and the basin.

Just like the cost of mines to produce silver. It varies. And new mine production is only a portion of the silver produced each year. Much is produced from recovery, too.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options
    SweetpieSweetpie Posts: 466 ✭✭✭

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

Get a receipt. :) If I forget the location of my pile, some future soul can advertise it in a future auction as a discovered hoard.

Saddle Ridge v.2

• Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

...hundreds are for marks...20’s are what make the streets turn round! ;)

• Options

Paper silver almost broke $12...still not done I guess.

ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭✭✭

The government is about to print 2 trillion bucks out of thin air to mitigate the financial impacts of this crisis.

I would not wanna be holding cash right now. Metals? Dandy.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭✭✭

My best WAG is it will likely drop below $10; and gold will continue to take some hits but not as bad.

But who knows? No way I know of to really predict, as this is a perfect storm taking place right now.

----- kj
  • Options

WTI is at $22.50 that's probably killing a lot of asset classes.

ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@shorecoll said:
    WTI is at $22.50 that's probably killing a lot of asset classes.

Demand destruction and endless supply

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish I had enough spare money to buy futures contracts and take delivery of the silver at $12/oz

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,943 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 19, 2020 1:01PM

@davewesen said:
    I wish I had enough spare money to buy futures contracts and take delivery of the silver at $12/oz

I know. Crazy. I was talking to someone about this yesterday. It's probably the best way to get physical at spot.

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,861 ✭✭✭✭✭

No need to be shocked .

Cash is king so anything worth something is being dumped.....especially those that are leveraged.

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@davewesen said:

I know. Crazy. I was talking to someone about this yesterday. It's probably the best way to get physical at spot.

and if enough people did it, it would not be spot for long (any Hunt brother types in the crowd?)

• Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 20, 2020 2:03AM

@blitzdude said:

@air4mdc said:

Withdrew a rather large sum yesterday just in case we start seeing a run on cash like we recently have with toilet paper,

Wouldn't a fifty do the job as well as a hundred?

Leo :D

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Silver has rebounded, up to $13.85 at close.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,943 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:
    Silver has rebounded, up to $13.85 at close.

But should we sell the rip if we didn't buy the dip?

• Options
    TyrockTyrock Posts: 287 ✭✭✭

You only lock in a loss when you sell. When in doubt, the best thing to do is nothing. Of course, when things are this bad, buying opportunities present themselves. The trick is finding them. I go back to the Hunt brothers in 1979/80. I wouldn't recommend buying silver and gold as an investment. Too much risk and uncertainty. I do have a complete ASE album and I bought each coin a year at a time. The dollar cost averaging worked out pretty well. As for gold, I put together a 12 piece type set and I have some nice double eagles.

• Options
    TyrockTyrock Posts: 287 ✭✭✭

I recently saw an interview with a chairman of a local Federal Reserve Bank. He said we don't have to worry about pulling money out of the bank as the Fed can "just print more." So we won't run out of cash, it will just lose its buying power.
    By the way, when Katrina hit people weren't looking for small silver coin or gold coins, they were looking for bottled water.

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

ok ...... if that's the way they like to swing ........ I am for it B)

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

the Silver rally continues, now up to almost $15.25.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file