Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Talk about ugly

I just posted a message on TR that I was leaving...and 3 minutes later I was blocked. I posted a very respectful, very conciliatory message, wished veryone luck, and this is what happens....they can't block me fast enough. I don't know which manager was responsible, but I thought higher of all three of them, and I can't help but think thats a very low class thing to do.

Comments

• Options
    I wanted to reiterate, since I can't do it on TR, that I wish TR and those affiliated the best of luck.
  • Options
    cardnyoucardnyou Posts: 7,339 ✭✭✭
    welp...now you know why i told them to reject me...i didnt hear anything fer 1 week 3 days...asked to be rejected...15 mins later got tha rejection e-mail...thats a real high class bunch there lol

Tha Finger ... Tha Stunner ... Tha Legend.
  • Options
    lol
  • Options
    I was just very surprised...seems like a very loyal bunch, until you dare try to leave or be affiliated with another site. Strange, thats all.
  • Options
    SkiVermont3SkiVermont3 Posts: 3,053 ✭✭
    ugh, they make me SICK...letting people like richy(no offense) in without a second thought, yet im not allowed in cause db23 never gots my cards, and i sent him replacements? i could make other comments, but ill refrain since i like frank, but as for evan and jsa, classless.
  • Options
    not strange...just a true findin out of what your really dealin with image

• Options
    awaltzawaltz Posts: 726
    Here we go again!!

STOP THE WAR!!! lol.
    Austin Waltz - ACK ACK ©
    I'm back - you better believe it
  • Options
    lafrentz06lafrentz06 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭

<< <i>but as for evan and jsa, classless. >>

DONT SAY THAT!!! THEY PUT THIER TIME AND EFFORT INTO MAKING TR BETTER...AND DEALING WITH PEOPLE LIKE YOU~!~
    Looking for Raef LaFrentz / former KU Players...
    Refs - MFFL, ejones6, lilsun1, injun01, RichyPF32, TheRockMic13, SMOOTHSHOOTER, TrFstPtch, funnyguy0016, LAdude465, Derrick, Nowizki, Scott2141, Josher416, thematrix31, uwftke26, duncangal, raf12, icon4400, cpandeaz3, Thito, Colton, amfox1, germanjayhawk, fuzz86, battier, awaltz
    ^^Bad Trader??^^
    Neils Card World
  • Options
    I was in their good graces until I declined to help them get cards for box break.
  • Options
    lafrentz06lafrentz06 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭
    NO OFFENSE uwftke26 OR CARDNYOU
    Looking for Raef LaFrentz / former KU Players...
    Refs - MFFL, ejones6, lilsun1, injun01, RichyPF32, TheRockMic13, SMOOTHSHOOTER, TrFstPtch, funnyguy0016, LAdude465, Derrick, Nowizki, Scott2141, Josher416, thematrix31, uwftke26, duncangal, raf12, icon4400, cpandeaz3, Thito, Colton, amfox1, germanjayhawk, fuzz86, battier, awaltz
    ^^Bad Trader??^^
    Neils Card World
  • Options
    lol
  • Options

<< <i>ugh, they make me SICK...letting people like richy(no offense) in without a second thought, yet im not allowed in cause db23 never gots my cards, and i sent him replacements? i could make other comments, but ill refrain since i like frank, but as for evan and jsa, classless. >>

WITHOUT A SECOND THOUGHT?!?!!? ARE YOU STUPID? I HAD TO APPLY A MILLION TIMES, AND KEEP TRADING BUILDING UP A GREAT REPUTATION AND GETTING EVERYONES RESPECT. YOUR SAYING EVAN IS CLASSLESS? YOUR CRAZY. WHY WOULD YOU EVEN SAY ANYTHING LIKE THAT, EVAN IS ONE OF THE NICEST PEOPLE ON TR...
  • Options
    NashNash Posts: 709
    I never got accepted...and what did i ever do wrong?
  • Options
    It's less about people who did or didn't get in than those who get in and want to branch out...if you join, be aware that it's like a fraternity, and attempts to be affiliated with other sites will engender instant suspicion, and of course you'll have no chance to defend yourself.
  • Options
    NASH AND SKIVERMONT SHOULD BE ACCEPTED!!
    Looking for High-End Football Cards.

Many Refs, just ask.

• Options
    DerrickDerrick Posts: 4,287 ✭✭
    Hell, I never got accepted either...but whatever...I'd rather be on CU anyway...it's the best by far...
  • Options
    hmmmmmm
    and now you want to come back to your dumping ground? lol
    LOOKING FOR MARINO GAME USED,, , AND AUTO`S
  • Options
    SlipKnot515SlipKnot515 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭
    maybe you people should stop complaining....
  • Options
    Ryan,
    You posted your resignation & your goodbye, You said there were no hard feelings so I blocked you as you wished. I'm scratching my head here, You reseigned & you are wondering why you were blocked? If you want access to the site then please don't reseign, but don't complain about access after tendering your resignation. I don't plan on getting dragged in on an all out ugly thing here.

Cardnyou-We can debate on whether your wait on your app into TR took too long, but one thing that isn't debatable is the fact that you said you had no idea that there was someone else trying to get into TR using your"cardnyou" moniker,yet I remember & found a message from you earlier in that week in question of you discussing that fact openly. Where I come from that is called lying & not a good trait.
    John Newman/Refs galore, 400 Ebay Feedback no negs!
    My Wantlist/Tradelist is here
  • Options
    duncangalduncangal Posts: 3,140
    And people wonder why I don't care to join, lol......
    I still collect Tim Duncan! Love all high end auto's, and game used basketball of Tony Parker, and Ginobili too! image This means more to me than any card...You can catch me on my site: Highlight Reel Trading
  • Options
    Joyce,

There are two sides to every story and yes we are sorry not to have you as you are a stand-up person.
  • Options
    your right i did say that i didnt know if my name was being used OR NOT......then i was told FOR SURE that it was......as far as lookin into whether it took to long to get into tr...i aint worried about all that.....and you are soooo right when theres 2 sides to every story...make sure next time you post BOTH of mine instead of the one you wanna see.....as far as lieing,well...think what ya want.....all i know is all you all talk about is being "professional"..yet i have YET to see that part of any of ya.....ya dont wanna get a "nasty thing goin" ya said to uw.....then just let it drop...cuz tha way its goin,it will definately get nasty

• Options
    SkiVermont3SkiVermont3 Posts: 3,053 ✭✭

<< <i>WITHOUT A SECOND THOUGHT?!?!!? ARE YOU STUPID? I HAD TO APPLY A MILLION TIMES, AND KEEP TRADING BUILDING UP A GREAT REPUTATION AND GETTING EVERYONES RESPECT. YOUR SAYING EVAN IS CLASSLESS? YOUR CRAZY. WHY WOULD YOU EVEN SAY ANYTHING LIKE THAT, EVAN IS ONE OF THE NICEST PEOPLE ON TR... >>

geez bud, like i didnt apply a million times? do i HAVE to go get the 100 messages back and forth between me and JSA, and every time he would hint that im close, shut me down? and for what? im always trading, people know im good, and they were like your rep is tarnished (cause youre cards never got to someone so u sent them replacements!) ....tr makes me sick, jsa most of all.
  • Options
    tr is the best site ever hands down.... its easier to post messages, safe, nice people, a memeber rating system(so u dont get ripped like i know alot of people have here at cu) and has great chat room and a great page for members...
    MY TRADE/SCAN PAGE
    CU REF'S: JRCCRUM -BIGGJC -Mikefromchester- nascar20 -Scott2141-Quasar31 -gordonrules - YanksFan - cardnyou - weisel510 - dodgerguy99- vcarterfany2k -baird34 - dewey -KBryant1 - ljmaya
    EBAY:150+FEEDBACK
    EMAIL:SPORTSGUY247@AOL.COM

I call them gimme girls they always tell me i can have it.

I'm just kiddin like Jason
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>WITHOUT A SECOND THOUGHT?!?!!? ARE YOU STUPID? I HAD TO APPLY A MILLION TIMES, AND KEEP TRADING BUILDING UP A GREAT REPUTATION AND GETTING EVERYONES RESPECT. YOUR SAYING EVAN IS CLASSLESS? YOUR CRAZY. WHY WOULD YOU EVEN SAY ANYTHING LIKE THAT, EVAN IS ONE OF THE NICEST PEOPLE ON TR... >>

geez bud, like i didnt apply a million times? do i HAVE to go get the 100 messages back and forth between me and JSA, and every time he would hint that im close, shut me down? and for what? im always trading, people know im good, and they were like your rep is tarnished (cause youre cards never got to someone so u sent them replacements!) ....tr makes me sick, jsa most of all. >>

no doubt, i think your a great trader and would trade with you anytime image
  • Options
    no more replies from me imageimageimage...cuss me if ya want...but no more from me imageimageimage

• Options
    I think I speak for many of us when I say, Tr can lick my nuts

Nuff Said

TJones
    Check out my Site
    AIM:IGotmadgame333
    email: cctjones@marshallnet.com
    ebay id-TimDwight83
    imagehttp://forums.collectors.com/attachments//Ricky.jpg">
  • Options
    u know how cool it would be it ce and tr went together ? image
    MY TRADE/SCAN PAGE
    CU REF'S: JRCCRUM -BIGGJC -Mikefromchester- nascar20 -Scott2141-Quasar31 -gordonrules - YanksFan - cardnyou - weisel510 - dodgerguy99- vcarterfany2k -baird34 - dewey -KBryant1 - ljmaya

• Options
    Do you know how NOT cool that would be?
    Check out my Site
    AIM:IGotmadgame333
    email: cctjones@marshallnet.com
    ebay id-TimDwight83
    imagehttp://forums.collectors.com/attachments//Ricky.jpg">
  • Options
    CE AND TR ?!?!?!?!
    have you lost your mind ???? image

• Options
    tr is the best site and any member will tell u that...ce is the best designed i have seen
    MY TRADE/SCAN PAGE

• Options
    LOL Everyone knows i need to get in this. TR Sucks i have told everyone this from day one. They Take down there number 1 supporter in Uwk. This is just to funny!!!!

My E-Bay Auctions

Glenn Robinson Auto Collection 7/21
  • Options
    I am unsure of the situation with Ryan (who is a good trader and GREAT friend to me), so i will shy away from saying anything...........

EXCEPT........... wow, vittleboy is whining and crying about TR again, imagine that..............

Erik
    I'd challenge you to a battle of wits...... but you appear unarmed

"Stop talking, negotiating,
    Your feeble attempts at world peace
    Give me a %#@*ing break
    Need worldwide genocide, planetary suicide
    And when the whole damn world is dead
    there's your %#@*ing peace"
  • Options
    THiToTHiTo Posts: 1,236

<< <i>Do you know how NOT cool that would be? >>

LMAO... that's funny...

why do people make such a big deal out of this whole thing???? who gives a fu^k about TR... i have never joined, never asked to join, never tried to join, and don't care about joining... it seems more like a jail than a trading site... do u people actually lose sleep over not getting into TR?!?!?! i mean d@mn, who the fu^k cares... i agree that it's dumb and immature to bash other sites on here, but i mean c'mon, TR seems like a d@mn gang... i like CU and CE... every site has it's good and bad points... i think CU is good cuz of the great selection of people to trade with... i think CE is good cuz the site is very nice and there's more freedom... everyone get the fu^k over it and move on... A-fu^king-men!!!!
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    John, you know as well as I that if a non-CE affiliated TR member had resigned, you wouldn't have been rushing to block tthem like you did me. It's no secret anymore how you tried to get me kept down on TR for DARING to be affiliated w/ more than one site. Frankly, knowing you handled it is a relief to me....I like to think that Frank, JSA and Evan would have had more class.

As for the person who mentioned CE and TR joining forces, don't hold your breath...TR will always be a small club, limited by it's MSN designation and elitist attitude of CERTAIN members (I am not referring to managers here) while CE is growing every day, w/ partnerships with all the major card manufacturors.

And Quasar, I am sorry to bring drama back to CU, I had been very very low key the last few weeks, I just wanted folks to know what was going on. I will refrain from making this another 100+ bashing post.

Ryan
  • Options
    Sportsguy, don't forget that everytime CE comes up with an idea...getting products from companies for review, donating cards to kids....TR just comes along and does the same thing weeks later. So we really don't have any overwhelming need to join a group that does the same thing we do, worse - there's no benefit for CE.
  • Options
    Hey Ahendi! thanks for the referral and the vote of confidence...BUT I DONT WANT IN ANYMORE...Ive learned somethings that have really turned me off of TR...I appreciate you`re trying to help though
  • Options
    One thing to remember, none of the trading sites are the center of the universe, we at CE still like to come in on CU and trade because of the people and if anyone here hasnt visited CE drop in and check it out. Remember that we have members from all over not just here so if you want to get some good exposure for your trades use both sites. Think of us a link. Happy Trading.

Mike
    Ref. TopofOhio, CoachVinny, THiTo, beasport, bobstar
  • Options
    Ryan,

I'm sorry you feel the way you do but you are truly entiteld to your feelings, our biggest disagreement was my feelings that a staff member from CE couldn't hold the same position on TR(you felt otherwise) but I also remember hashing things out via IM conversation & felt things were ok, Contrary to your belief I was one of the few who took up for you when others(who shall remain nameless) wanted you out. That's the god's honest truth. I may not agree with everything you say especially on your recent TR-CE comments but I hold no disdain for you. As far as the speed in which you were blocked I can honestly tell you that the speed was more coincidence that anything else. I just happened to be reading the message board when you typed in your resignation. That's honestly it. Nothing else. Would have did the same thing if anyone typed their resignation. I'm still perplexed why someone would complain about their access minutes after voluntarily giving it up. Again there are no hard feelings on my behalf & wish you well in your endeavors. Take care.
  • Options
    Mike/Memphis brings up a good & valid point, No one site is better than anyone else, Each just offers another option for the collecting masses in Cyberland. Many CE members are TR Members & vice versa. Both sites are working hard to make their own site the best it can be. It isn't Burger King .vs McDonald's. Let's try to be realistic here.
  • Options
    Just a quick question, but if you wanted to leave, why does it matter if you were blocked in 3 minutes or 3 days? Does time matter that much?
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Posts: 4,287 ✭✭

<< <i>It isn't Burger King .vs McDonald's. Let's try to be realistic here. >>

Even if it WAS...McDonald's is my choice and is FAR better than BK...image

• Options
    im a member of many trading sites and not once has that been a problem for any of them.....tr is a little more cautious with its membership because they only want trouble free traders ( if there is any problems with a tr member trader that goes bad they fix the deal for the trader who got screwed OUT OF THEIR OWN PERSONAL COLLECTION ) name me one site who does that .....when you create a site and back it up with your cards if anything goes wrong you should be given a bit of latitude in how you screen your membership
    always looking for yankee game used and autos..star/hof baseball rc's game used and autos check my site at
    http://www.sportscardfun.com/trader/brianscards.asp

ref list- raf12, top of ohio, jrccrum,awaltz,mcdee2,johnscottanthony,nbasteve,vincesanity, mpower, sportscardfun.com 60 pts + for more pm me
  • Options
    Ryan,

Im very surprised at your departure from TR and im even more unclear about your reasons. I know that whenever i had any sort of issue that concerned you, that i was respectful enough to come to you personally and address it. It would have been nice if you had done the same for me, especially after all we accomplished as a team on TR. I just really thought of anyone on TR, that you would have come to me and said "Im leaving TR, here are my reasons, thanks and so long". But instead i have to find out on the TR and CU message boards.
    What amazes me Ryan, is just weeks ago, you were here on Cu, bashing Cu and singing the praise of TR and CE. And in that short amount of time, you have decided to come to the very same place you bashed, and now talk smack about TR. And if that isnt amazing enough, the very people you bashed on Cu, are now in your corner! Its truely amazing.
    Its unfortunate that most CU members only get to see the bad things that happen on TR as oppossed to the good things that happen there. This will probably remain the trend as whenever someone is banned from TR or leaves for their own reasons (such as Ryan) that this is the forum (CU) that is used to voice their displeasure. You dont hear about trades that have gone bad, but through TR efforts get corrected, you dont hear about the members meeting at card shows, or meeting to play golf, or the donations, or a thousand other things. Its really a shame.
    I have always tried to be respectful of CU and its members. If at any time i saw a post where i felt a TR member got carried away with a CU member, I have always made an effort to publicly or privately (through pms) apologize. Including you Joyce, which is why im a bit surprised at your response. I do remember Joyce your original reason for not wanting to be a part of TR (as you were one of the first we asked to join). And i respected your reason for not joining. If that reason has now changed, im unaware of it and hope its not do to some of the uncalled for bashing that takes place here.

Ski, Im not quite sure how you have taken a decison made by 6-7 TR managers, and made yourself believe Im the one to blame for you not being reinstated.
    I did think you had a chance at being reinstated. "I" was the one that brought your name up in the TR meeting to be voted on. And "everyone" voted no. So how you can like this person or that person on TR, yet turn all your anger to me........I will simply never understand. Maybe its because i was given the job of telling you the decision?

Nash, You were accepted in TR back in April..........Why or how you werent made aware of it is beyond me.

Deshields......... Dont really know what your problem is, and to be honest at this point i dont really care.

Vittleboy...........As always its good to hear from you again.

In closing Ryan, its a shame that it came down to this.......You talk about thinking or hoping we (ME, Frank and Evan) had more class then to do this or that....Well i feel the same about you...... I really thought you were above doing this. But we live and we learn.
    Im not quite sure where you think we are copying CE..............We have been reviewing products for quite some time now (originally on our first site before TR) and personally i know Frank, Evan and Myself (not to mention other members on thousands of other sites) have been making donations for years to hospitals and other places......... Not sure how you figure we copied you on that one. I have never had a problem with CE, its members , any of the moderators such as auto or AI3fan or Ilya.........So again im not sure where some of your comments are coming from. In fact ive even said publicly before that CE is a great site............... So again dont make this a TR CE war, because its not that. Our members (as well as I) shop their cards on several different sites. Its only smart to do that and get your best offer.
    Either way Ryan, goodluck to you, I wish you the best and I can honestly say, whenever you where around that there was never a dull moment.

JSA
    ">JSA Collection
    Co Creator and Founder of the Scooby site/Trader Retreat.com/ sportscardinfo.com/ hoopscollector.com and the TR network.com
  • Options
    duncangalduncangal Posts: 3,140
    For JSA- You know I have absolutely nothing against you, and the only reason I replied the way I did was because of all the constant posts by TR wanna be's or ex'es, who either complain about the eliteness, or go on and on about how it is so much better than CU. My original reason for not joining still stands, and I am very happy with CU and the people on it and like not having to answer to anyone but myself, lol. I just wish that all this my board is better than your board nonsense would stop, and I agree, if there are problems with members of other boards take it to pm's or emails please. We are happy to have people from all other boards here, and always want to keep it that way. I am not taking anyones side here, just find it all kind of amusing...image
    I still collect Tim Duncan! Love all high end auto's, and game used basketball of Tony Parker, and Ginobili too! image This means more to me than any card...You can catch me on my site: Highlight Reel Trading
  • Options
    THiToTHiTo Posts: 1,236

<< <i>I ... just find it all kind of amusing...image >>

lol... me too
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    JSA You like my new thing in the sig?
    My E-Bay Auctions

Glenn Robinson Auto Collection 7/21
  • Options
    What does TR stand for? Sorry, the new guy
    REFS: baljitgill, BigShane, JRCCRUM (6),Rooks, Phil2347, clippers00021, BUD, Speedmaster, ScoutDog, Jamaya28
    My Trade List
    Wants: Joey Harrington, Brian Urlacher, Anthony Thomas, Donte Stallworth, Antwaan Randle El, Travis Stephens, Marqiuse Walker, Clinton Portis, Roy Willams, Antonio Bryant, Javan Walker
  • Options
    Yes Vittleboy its very creative..........Good job

JSA
    ">JSA Collection
    Co Creator and Founder of the Scooby site/Trader Retreat.com/ sportscardinfo.com/ hoopscollector.com and the TR network.com
  • Options
    Traders Retreat...another trading site