Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I would like feedback? Are the Mississippi and Roosevelt quarters annealing errors? The rim's look r

Answers

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

Roosevelt no and Mississippi maybe

• Options

• Options

I'm newer to collecting, and would love to know what you're seeing. It will help me in the future!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

No. They have been exposed to an unfriendly environment and have tarnished badly. No numismatic premium. Likely been in the ground for a while. Cheers, RickO

• Options

I appreciate your response ricko. But please let me know what I'm missing, and what you are seeing. I hate wasting members time by posting worthless coins.

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 10, 2020 10:08PM

@robenaus said:

...posting worthless coins.
    Lol. I wish I had a nickel for each "worthless coin" was posted here! Including some that I have posted myself. If I were to start a thread to only post worthless coins, they're would be over 1000 posts. Lol :)
    and that can happen just in the past week!

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,073 ✭✭✭✭✭

Environmental damage has many, many different looks depending on just what and how long the coins were exposed to certain chemicals. The coins you show have no numismatic value and are just spending money.

If someone tells you such coins have value your next question to them should be: "How much are you paying for them?"

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@robenaus....Study the minting process of coins. You will learn a lot that way. Coins are not annealed, they are struck from planchets (round disks of metal) which have been punched from sheets of such metal. What you are seeing on your quarters is a post mint effect. Cheers, RickO

• Options

Fred Weinberg has acknowledged that there are annealing errors on America the Beautiful quarters. I'm extra confused now. Again, I'm not arguing, I'm letting you know where I'm coming from on this.

• Options

And Rick, I saw your comment on the 2019 American Memorial Park annealing error quarter
    Were those manufactured differently than mine?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file