Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

New to forums with question

Hi all. I recently started going through cards of mine that were bought 25-30 years ago... I have come across some interesting cards. I found a dave Winfield stadium club card that has been way off center cut or printed... would cards like this be of any value or even considered an error card because I have found a few like this... I'm sorting through like 40,000 probably more cards.

Comments

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 29, 2020 5:16PM

Welcome to the boards.

I doubt the Winfield card has any value. It's not an error card.

For best results in the future, post a picture so anyone trying to give you a good answer has something to go on. A scanned image is better than a picture from a phone.

I have recently been going through a lot of my cards from 1990-1995. Not too many cards have much value, but there are a few. Most must be in perfect condition and have near perfect centering.

Look up your rookie cards on ebay under the advanced search selecting "sold listings" to get an idea on how much cards have sold for recently.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forum.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome aboard. Good advice from Joe.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• Thank you I appreciate the info... I have some cards from late 60s that were given to me also.. most mine range from 1980 to 2000. Pretty sure my 40,000 estimate is way short really.lol got alot of jeter,Rodriguez, thomas, emmitt smith, barry sanders, glavins...ect rookies that I haven't touched in about 15

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

Derek Jeter’s from 93-96 should net some return, of those you mentioned, as well as 60s stars...

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭

Welcome

Is this an error card or printing/cutting defect???

In general error cards are only worth something id they are actually caught early and corrected.

Making the error card scarce

Also, far fewer people collect error cards.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets

• Something like that of any worth..

• @1951WheatiesPremium said:
    Derek Jeter’s from 93-96 should net some return, of those you mentioned, as well as 60s stars...

Bad thing is unless it's a real big name I wouldnt know of stars from that era

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2, 2020 10:12AM

Honestly,most likely no unless there's a Mourning collector out there that would want to own a misprint version of what is normally a $1 card.
    Edit: some Shaq rookies have seen an uptick in price lately and he's from the same year as your Mourning rc,maybe you might have something with him if you have any. Jordan's are always good sellers as well.

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stony7933 said:

@1951WheatiesPremium said:

If you don’t know the name it’s probably not much. Any sharp Aaron, Mantle, Mays and some desirable rookies like Nolan Ryan (68) and Pete Rose (63) would be the most valuable ones, off the top of my head.

And if they’re in tip top shape and that 60s era, they’ll have some added value to them even as commons.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

@Stony7933 said:

@1951WheatiesPremium said:

Nolan Ryan, Cal Ripken JR, Ken Griffey JR, Frank Thomas, Derek Jeter, Chipper Jones, Albert Puhols, Ichiro, Joey Votto, Joe Mauer.

Not sure what years you are looking at, but the above players have some valuable cards, there are a few more, but that's a start.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • I have rookies of all those accept nolan,Mauer,Pujols I think and not sure on votto

• @erikthredd said:
    Honestly,most likely no unless there's a Mourning collector out there that would want to own a misprint version of what is normally a $1 card.
    Edit: some Shaq rookies have seen an uptick in price lately and he's from the same year as your Mourning rc,maybe you might have something with him if you have any. Jordan's are always good sellers as well.

I actually have alot of shaq rookie cards, a tar heels coca cola jordan and a 2nd or 3rd year card and alot of 90s cards. 2nd year cal ripken jr all star... if it was late/mid 80s to late 90s I've got a rookie..lol

I don't collect basketball, but most of your rookies will have to be the right one and prolly a PSA 10 to be worth money.

Here's a link to my PSA 9 Frank Thomas card no one wants.

https://ebay.com/itm/133237584219?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Check sold listings under "advanced search" on ebay and you will get a good idea of what these cards are worth, then start drinking heavily.

• daltexdaltex Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:
    I don't collect basketball, but most of your rookies will have to be the right one and prolly a PSA 10 to be worth money.

https://ebay.com/itm/133237584219?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Check sold listings under "advanced search" on ebay and you will get a good idea of what these cards are worth, then start drinking heavily.

To be fair, that's a VERY ambitious price on a card that trades as frequently as that one.

@daltex said:

@JoeBanzai said:

To be fair, that's a VERY ambitious price on a card that trades as frequently as that one.

Thanks for pointing that out. I see that it has dropped in price since I originally listed it, at that time the card was selling at 15-20. Price has been reduced.

My point was trying to show that a rookie card of a HOFer in PSA 9 isn't worth much during the time frame.

Unless it's some kind of rarity or Tiffany card, just too many produced.

• Anyone know if a 1979 George Foster with a 1978 winfield back would have any value? Thx