Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Finally completed my 7070 set

brianc1959brianc1959 Posts: 342 ✭✭✭✭✭

This took a lot longer than I expected, but it feels good to finally complete this set. I'm not brave enough to crack coins out of their holders to put in an actual Dansco album, but I'm OK with the online version: https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/u-s-coins/type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/album/163970 .

Comments

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dayam! Very nice set, congratulations on completing it!

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wonderful, beautiful coins. Quite the accomplishment!

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Felicidades!

I like it a lot.

Thanks for sharing!

• Options
    nk1nknk1nk Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭

VERY nice set! How long did it take you?

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Real nice looking set! Congrats.

• Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

Outstanding set & congratulations.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    LJenkins11LJenkins11 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭✭✭

Incredible looking set, thanks for sharing.

• Options

VERY NICE! You have the 3rd finest type set currently assembled, impressive. I'm still seeking the seated dollar with motto to complete my first (physical) 7070. My goal is to complete 7 sets to give to my grandbabies, but I have many in slabs that I can't see breaking out.

What was your last acquisition for this set?

Successful transactions here and ATS with: jwitten, Rob41281, bajjerfan, cucamongacoin, Jim F., physics-fan3.14, x2rider, Wahoo554, Weather11am, Relaxn, jimineez1, Ronyahski, Bliggity, SurfinxHI, McGrump (thru BAJJERFAN), ms71, Downtown1974, ad4400

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know you're proud, I would be, nice set.

• Options

Congratulations, I started mine a few months ago. It's a long road!

OG
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations... that is a very impressive set....and a considerable accomplishment. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love the presentation, and more importantly, the coins!

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options

Thanks all for such kind comments.

rk1nk: I started the set back when I re-started collecting, about seven years ago.

dan_marinelli: 7 7070 sets is a lot! Good luck with that project. My last acquisition was the $5 Indian. In the beginning I wasn't that interested in gold, but my attitude has changed quite a bit over time.

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,831 ✭✭✭✭✭

...in a word... WOW!

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options

whooo, now that is super cool. I have a type set going but the coins are all in better circulated conditions. Still have maybe 6 / 8 to get yet. Guess I should get on that. Have not added to it in a couple years. Been going after the Overton bustys.

• Options
    bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a great set, congrats.

• Options
    yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

With my varied interests this might be something I try to put together.

It looks great in the digital album format

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• Options
    PedzolaPedzola Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great album, congrats!

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great Job, congrats :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

The number 3 ranked set, very impressive. @brianc1959

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    willywilly Posts: 285 ✭✭✭✭✭

How do you place the coins in the digital albums?

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really like your set. I really dislike the auto advance feature of the digital album. I have about five seconds before the page turns itself.

• Options

@yspsales said:
    With my varied interests this might be something I try to put together.

It looks great in the digital album format

For me, doing this set helped me to figure out what my main interests really were: namely a bigger type set and large cents.

• Options

@willy said:
    How do you place the coins in the digital albums?

First you have to get the coins into your PCGS online inventory using Add Inventory. Then upload obverse and reverse images as necessary to the inventory. Then you can create and/or edit a digital album, and you'll have the option of adding images from your inventory. True Views can be automatically added to a digital album, although sometimes I prefer my own images to the True Views.

• Options

@Barndog said:
    I really like your set. I really dislike the auto advance feature of the digital album. I have about five seconds before the page turns itself.

It must have something do do with your connection. For me, turning a page is pretty much instantaneous whether I'm looking at other albums or my own.

• Options
    clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well done!

MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • Options
    ChangeInHistoryChangeInHistory Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now THAT'S a type set! Congratulations on finishing it.
    (I can feel my 7070 cringing for upgrades after looking at your set!)

• Options
    winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 27, 2020 3:29AM

@brianc1959 , you’ve inspired me to expand my Basic U.S. Coin Design Set (Type Set) to the Dansco 7070 sets. As such, I just added this Dansco 7070 set to my Registry listings, along with the non gold Dansco 7070 version.

Your set is absolutely gorgeous, and you should be very proud!

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • Options
    OnWithTheHuntOnWithTheHunt Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful set. Congratulations.

Proud recipient of the coveted "You Suck Award" (9/3/10).
  • Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very very nice!

• Options
    savitalesavitale Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file