Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Shadowbox Holder Question

jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know the name of the shadowbox style holders? I think it is in a frame, and has stretchy plastic in the middle to hold object of various shapes/sizes. I had an odd shaped project I am working on. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 25, 2020 4:01PM

Look at Hobby Lobby that seem to have several types. Goole search to the rescue.
    BTW there called Shadow Boxes.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Amazon has them in various sizes. I have a few interesting bronze medals displayed in them. Very cool in that they are floating in the black frame. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like that display box....I had not seen that type before...good for some types of items. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those blank stock bar of D. Carr are so cool! The shadow box is pretty nifty too!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options

The only problem is the bar and coins are so heavy, they slide down if I display it vertically. The holder does not squeeze them tight enough. Hmm. Gonna have to try to figure something out.

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

I LOVE IT!

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    edited March 29, 2020 7:23AM

@jwitten How about a thin, clear piece of acrylic to keep them from sliding down?

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29, 2020 7:23AM

@jwitten said:
    The only problem is the bar and coins are so heavy, they slide down if I display it vertically. The holder does not squeeze them tight enough. Hmm. Gonna have to try to figure something out.

Maybe put some inert material behind it so it sandwiches tighter?

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,295 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cut a piece of wood to fit the frame and cut out an indention or hole to insert your piece. Then stain or paint it. Very nice item, btw.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    50cCOMMEMGUY50cCOMMEMGUY Posts: 211 ✭✭✭

That’s a pretty neat setup.

"Today the crumbs, tomorrow the
    loaf. Perhaps someday the whole damn boulangerie." - fictional Jack Rackham

• Options

For the time being, I cut strips of bubble wrap and stuck them behind the strip, to thicken it up a bit. That still was not enough to hold the weight of the silver, so I cut a piece of clear coin flip and wedged it under the bar to hold it up. Not the best solution, but looks decent.

• Options

• Options

...or you could that. Nice set up.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file