Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Shot on a regrade/upgrade?

Hey all - wondering what your thoughts are on a shot at a higher grade on this coin. Worth a gamble to resubmit to PCGS? Ask as other 64s I’ve seen don’t have the eye appeal of this one.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a really nice example, but it would be next to impossible to make a call without louping the coin in hand.

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,769 ✭✭✭✭✭

I cannot tell enough about the luster from your photo to say one way or another, however it was fairly recently graded so I would think chances are at best 50/50

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 24, 2020 8:50PM

The way I'm interpreting your photos, I'd say unlikely. But photos can be deceptive.

EDIT: Just realized this coin has a TrueView. Quite a bit of chatter on the obverse. Probably maxed at 64, IMO.

• Options

Thanks for the feedback guys. May still take a shot on my next submission but agree that chances are it sticks at 64

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

After seeing the TruView, I think it is a 64... the slab shots did make it look better at first viewing....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    matt_dacmatt_dac Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great looking coin, but with the nicks on the obverse I too wonder if it would get a bump with a regrade attempt. I would instead submit to CAC if I thought it was strong for the grade.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file