Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

NewP Giant 1666 Thaler

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 23, 2020 8:32PM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

Another addition to the burgeoning macabre themed collection. Pretty crazy date. Lots of lustre and a tinge of color on this massive piece

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice piece! I was wondering who snagged that.

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭

Love it! One of my favorite taler designs of all time. I would have also been bidding if the 2T lot had not worked out 15 min earlier. Congrats on a tremendous coin.

• Bob13Bob13 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice. Looks like our Halloween decorations. Coin looks to have great surfaces.

Like the "Sic transit gloria mundi" underneath the skull!

My current "Box of 20"

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,624 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very cool coin design. Passage from life to death is thought provoking. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool piece great eye appeal. Saw it at the NY Sale. Congrats.

• BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

The skull! Very cool!

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh gosh, I've always loved that type, and that's a super sweet example, to boot. Congrats!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • bidaskbidask Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

What ?

Your becoming a darksider?!

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.