Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Coin Cabinet

jayPemjayPem Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Knocked together this cabinet awhile back.

Comments

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's cool!

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are some very interesting pieces. I really like the variety in your collection. Don’t have to worry about wearing gloves to enjoy them, they’re meant to be handled. Thanks for sharing!

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brilliant and wonderful share. Thank you. Much better then pulling out trays boxes and other storage devices. I want one.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really cool cabinet and collection!

Thanks for showing, I'm inspired

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

You have some amazing circulation cameos!

• Options

The drawers are 6x6 felt lined trays. Great for pulling out and looking through all the various side projects I have. And plenty of room for more, at least for awhile..
    There are a few semi-pricey pieces sprinkled in, but in most cases, the coins I'm collecting these days are in the under $100 category.
    Got a few dream pieces I'd still like to find one of these days though...

• Options
    Jayyk31Jayyk31 Posts: 76 ✭✭✭

Very, very cool storage piece man! I like it!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a nice cabinet and an interesting collection... I like the PM 'nuggets' (for lack of a better term)...Never saw those with the spiral design before....Lots of chop marked coins too....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting pieces for sure and a cool way to store them.

I too like the Silver bars/nuggets, they are my favorite closely followed by the love tokens.

Thanks for sharing, Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    scubafuelscubafuel Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure what this says about me, but I had more fun, and spent more time viewing @jayPem collection then I did looking at the Tyrant Eagles.

Love the variation and the history there Jay! And the fact that it can all be picked up and examined. Just really cool.

• Options

@scubafuel said:
    Not sure what this says about me, but I had more fun, and spent more time viewing @jayPem collection then I did looking at the Tyrant Eagles.

Love the variation and the history there Jay! And the fact that it can all be picked up and examined. Just really cool.

Ha!
    Glad that the ingots are being noticed...I make those with a friend who is an old school Navajo style silversmith.
    The round ones are poured into boiling water and the bars into segments of bamboo!
    I believe there was an old Southeast Asian type of coinage poured into bamboo called tiger tounges.
    The larger gold ingot was a hideously polished Saint..

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 23, 2020 12:47PM

Nice i like

• Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 24,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

Every collector should keep something like this at home. Not just for the fun of it, but to show off to non-collectors. Especially kids.

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 23, 2020 3:27PM

If you are willing, I would really enjoy a breakdown of what you have here.

Edit to add: I just saw you did this somewhat a few posts up. :*

Amazing ingots!!

• Options

@MrEureka said:
    Every collector should keep something like this at home. Not just for the fun of it, but to show off to non-collectors. Especially kids.

This is true!
    Most people I know are pretty ho-hum when it comes to checking out old coins.. but the Spanish colonial stuff is pretty cool all around.
    Pieces of 8
    Gold doubloons...they've already heard of these so they're usually super keen to hold one in their hand!
    Then you can show off the cooler stuff...counterstamps, over strikes, imaginary busts, Independence coinage, chopmarks...etc, etc.

Alot of great history to talk about..
    The designs are really amazing as well.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file