Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New Pick Up from DLRC 1966 Kennedy

Saw this one on David Lawrence Rare Coins web site, bought it today. Interested in hair back of head, behind ear and above forehead. Chin, ear and designer's initials. Coin doesn't match anything in the CONECA master files. Can't wait to see it in hand

Photos from David Lawrence's web site

Comments

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coin!

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,879 ✭✭✭✭✭

Different! Cool find.

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are those die polish lines in the fields or on a holder?? Cheers, RickO

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you have a photo that compares the differences? If significant it needs to be promoted to Kennedy collectors and listed.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭✭✭

DLRC is a great place to pick. Done it many times. Glad you did too.

WS

Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    JBatDavidLawrenceJBatDavidLawrence Posts: 500 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the purchase! Glad to see that it's something of interest and that there was some fun left on the table for you! That's what collecting is all about.

John Brush
    President of David Lawrence Rare Coins www.davidlawrence.com
    email: John@davidlawrence.com
    2022 ANA Dealer of the Year, Past Chair of NCBA (formerly ICTA), PNG Treasurer, Instructor at Witter Coin University, former Instructor/YN Chaperone ANA Summer Seminar, Coin World Most Influential, Curator of the D.L. Hansen Collection
  • Options
    JFK_CollectorJFK_Collector Posts: 110 ✭✭✭

@JBatDavidLawrence said:
    Thanks for the purchase! Glad to see that it's something of interest and that there was some fun left on the table for you! That's what collecting is all about.

It is a different stage then what we currently have so it will fit into this set . . .
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/collectors-showcase/varieties/calebs-kennedy-varieties-by-conecas-numbers/1165

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe the profile doubling is from a doubled working hub as so many different dies show the same doubling. It's the doubling on the motto that distinguishes the different dies. The best dies are Die 13 and Die 19.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file