Home Precious Metals
Options

Ever see this Credit Suisse 20 gram Silver

MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've never seen one of these before... she's a little beat up from improper handling over the years.
Pretty neat little 20gram silver - Anyone else got any info? I can't find another one online.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have not seen that one before.... been a lot of silver pieces shown here over the years, not that one that as I recall. Cheers, RickO

• Options

Wow, I haven't seen anything like it before, what an interesting piece!

• Options
    maplemanmapleman Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

Logo could date it to 30s 40s Germany. Just a guess but.....

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like that!

• Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 20, 2020 10:31AM

Hmmm, I wouldn't have guessed mintage as early 1930's or 40's but I suppose it is possible.
    Maybe this was made later as a commemorative piece to their founding history in 1856?

From Wiki

"Credit Suisse's founder, Alfred Escher, was called "the spiritual father of the railway law of 1852," for his work defeating the idea of a state-run railway system in Switzerland in favor of privatization. Escher founded Credit Suisse (originally called the Swiss Credit Institution, i.e., Schweizerische Kreditanstalt) jointly with Allgemeine Deutsche Credit-Anstalt in 1856 primarily to provide domestic funding to railway projects, avoiding French banks that wanted to exert influence over the railway system... Credit Suisse played a substantial role in the economic development of Switzerland, helping the country develop its currency system, funding entrepreneurs and investing in the Gotthard railway, which connected Switzerland to the European rail system in 1882."

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice, never saw one before !!! :)

Timbuk3