Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The dockter/Big Al/etc

13»

Comments

• Options
    okiedudeokiedude Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

Traded messages a couple of weeks ago with the "doctor" via eBay. I asked him about his horrible, overexposed photographs. His response was something about having a photography student from North Texas U helping him take all of his photos, and he would mention my comment to his photo pro and be sure to get them fixed. What a joke this guys listings are, his photos are the worst and that tells me his coins are too. I feel bad for the unsuspecting souls who he rips off. Too bad we can't somehow get him booted off eBay-sigh.

BST with: Oldhobo, commoncents05, NoLawyer, AgentJim007, Bronzemat, 123cents, Lordmarcovan, VanHalen, ajaan, MICHAELDIXON, jayPem and more!
  • Options
    AlexinPAAlexinPA Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

EBay is more concerned with their profits. All we can do is keep giving "the dockter" as much exposure as possible.

• Options
    JesseKraftJesseKraft Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 8, 2020 2:47PM

Warning: This person (nor his company) IS NOT A MEMBER OF THE AMERICAN NUMISMATIC SOCIETY!!!

Our records show no indication that this is true whatsoever.
    I just reached out to see if he can provide proof of this. Waiting to hear back.
    And, yes, @Jayyk31 , we're legit. :)

Jesse C. Kraft, Ph.D.
    Resolute Americana Curator of American Numismatics
    American Numismatic Society
    New York City

Member of the American Numismatic Association (ANA), British Numismatic Society (BNS), New York Numismatic Club (NYNC), Early American Copper (EAC), the Colonial Coin Collectors Club (C4), U.S. Mexican Numismatic Association (USMNA), Liberty Seated Collectors Club (LSCC), Token and Medal Society (TAMS), and life member of the Atlantic County Numismatic Society (ACNS).
    Become a member of the American Numismatic Society!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file