Home U.S. Coin Forum

Learn me something

jkrkjkrk Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just noticed that I can see the number of historical posts when clicking on my handle.

1)How do I earn badges? With the Boy Scouts disappearing this might be my only shot to earn a badge.

2)Points Are they like gold stars to keep me interested?

3)Do I lose points if Heather scolds me?

Just wondering.

Comments

• Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jkrk asked:

1)How do I earn badges?

Several ways. It depends on the badge. Most of them for points however some are easy. Change your icon and you'll get a badge. Stay a year and you'll get a badge.

It may be something to keep folks interested and in competition with each other.

3)Do I lose points if Heather scolds me? No, but you may lose posting privileges for awhile or even get banned.

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

Posts do not directly correlate to points. Likes/agrees/LOLs get you points (and at certain intervals, badges).

Points get you stars.

Stars get you ?

Getting scolded by Heather can get you out of our way. ;):D

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 19, 2020 7:14PM

Just sit at your desk and pay attention. If you must use the restroom you raise your hand. No gum chewing too! Lol

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think any of that actually does anything. You get all of it pretty naturally just by posting.

Collector, occasional seller

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Points happen...much like other stuff.... :D:D Cheers, RickO

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't worry about that stuff.

• Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ChrisH821 said:
    I don't think any of that actually does anything. You get all of it pretty naturally just by posting.

You can post all you wish but posting gets you nothing. Useful posting that folks like, agree with or laugh at often earns the points but no guarantee.

Example: So far your post I quoted earned you nothing. Perhaps this reference to it will garner you quite a few. :)

This post received 5 points already.

@Eric_Babula said:

@ChrisH821 said:

Agree w/ @ChrisH821 and @Smudge . I don't worry about points, badges, likes, etc. I just enjoy the conversations, the learning experiences, and the awesome pictures! And, I will try to help others with my 2 cents when possible!

In the end, all the points badges, and stars could go the way of the "disagree" option and the place would be the same. We could still differentiate the glass full of cream, from the glasses with whole milk or the non-fat stuff, and from the empty glasses. :)

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

What you seem to be doing would be the equivalent to going to Disneyland as a kid and before you get there, you're worried what kind of FUN am I going to have and when? Just let the fun and delight come naturally! Sit back and enjoy the ride.
    🎠🎆

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jkrk said:
    I just noticed that I can see the number of historical posts when clicking on my handle.

1)How do I earn badges? With the Boy Scouts disappearing this might be my only shot to earn a badge.

3)Do I lose points if Heather scolds me?

Just wondering.

Welcome back!!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file