Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

im notsure if this dime was struck from the mint like this and is it worth getting graded

ShellywoodShellywood Posts: 5
edited February 12, 2020 9:51PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Options
    TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭

@nickelsciolist said:
    Actually this could be an incredibly valuable "art" coin. Clearly the artist precisely made each cut, and there is no other coin like it in the world. Might even be by Andy Warhol as part of his "Coins From Marylynn Monroe's Change Jar" series.

Perhaps you could take it on Antiques Roadshow to get an accurate appraisal. You'll get more there than if you take it to the bank and try to run it through a coin counter machine...it will get spit out.

Actually I have to believe someone was just trying to make change for a dime...😬

On BS&T Now: Nothing.
    Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.

Answers

• Options

that wasnt the answer i was hoping for lol thanks guys

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm notsure either. But I amsure that we will all be all be seeing and hearing muchmuch more. Great photo!! ShellyWood! Welcome aboardboard!

• Options

all that dd on the coin i was hoping for the best :p

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

PMD.

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems like the front page of the US Coin forum sure is attracting a lot of ALTS & BAMMED prankster members these days.

I don't know if Shelly would but NOTSURE either go home or beg for reinstatement.

Have a nice day
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 13, 2020 6:31AM

I think you should submit it just to get a professional opinion. After all that's what PCGS is here for.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    mustangmanbobmustangmanbob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ms70 said:
    I think you should submit it just to get a professional opinion. After all that's what PCGS is here for.

Will you pay for it to help out a new person?

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 13, 2020 7:16AM

@mustangmanbob said:

@ms70 said:

Will you pay for it to help out a new person?

I'm not convinced this is a "new" person. :D

Everyone pays their own tuition.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options

Actually this could be an incredibly valuable "art" coin. Clearly the artist precisely made each cut, and there is no other coin like it in the world. Might even be by Andy Warhol as part of his "Coins From Marylynn Monroe's Change Jar" series.

Perhaps you could take it on Antiques Roadshow to get an accurate appraisal. You'll get more there than if you take it to the bank and try to run it through a coin counter machine...it will get spit out.

• Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭✭✭

PMD

worth a dime nothing more

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Shellywood ....Welcome aboard.... Your coin has been badly damaged, on purpose....No numismatic premium. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you can figure out how to make something in your garage, someone already did and you have it

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file