Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Guess the Grade; Proof Franklin Half Dollar

DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭✭✭


"It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

Comments

  • Options
    ironmanl63ironmanl63 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

    67 Cam

  • Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

    67 cam - I always hate guessing proof grades

    “In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

    My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

  • Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Cameonut said:
    67 cam - I always hate guessing proof grades

    And your name is @Cameonut :)

    Ken
  • Options
    TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭

    66 Cam

    On BS&T Now: Nothing.
    Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

    67 CAM

  • Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Agree with 67 CAM.

  • Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I'll go with 66 cam

    Collector, occasional seller

  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 25,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I am going to be bummed if you prove this isn't a CAM! I know the obverse lettering is a bit weak for CAM yet come on! The portrait is so strong to carry the day,

  • Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @braddick said:
    I am going to be bummed if you prove this isn't a CAM! I know the obverse lettering is a bit weak for CAM yet come on! The portrait is so strong to carry the day,

    The reverse is also quite frosty. I believe some rim toning is at least partly responsible for the appearance of diminished cameo on the obverse lettering. I'd be quite surprised if it didn't CAM.

  • Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @CoinJunkie said:

    @braddick said:
    I am going to be bummed if you prove this isn't a CAM! I know the obverse lettering is a bit weak for CAM yet come on! The portrait is so strong to carry the day,

    The reverse is also quite frosty. I believe some rim toning is at least partly responsible for the appearance of diminished cameo on the obverse lettering. I'd be quite surprised if it didn't CAM.

    There is some rim toning you cannot see in the pictures, yes.

    "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

  • Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @DelawareDoons said:

    @CoinJunkie said:

    @braddick said:
    I am going to be bummed if you prove this isn't a CAM! I know the obverse lettering is a bit weak for CAM yet come on! The portrait is so strong to carry the day,

    The reverse is also quite frosty. I believe some rim toning is at least partly responsible for the appearance of diminished cameo on the obverse lettering. I'd be quite surprised if it didn't CAM.

    There is some rim toning you cannot see in the pictures, yes.

    Actually, I can see it. The conjecture part was that it might be responsible for diminishing the apparent cameo contrast.

  • Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭✭✭

    66 CAM

    Collector
    Over 100 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 57 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

  • Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

    68 cam

    Ken
  • Options
    fiftysevenerfiftysevener Posts: 943 ✭✭✭✭

    65 Ultra Cameo

  • Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @CoinJunkie said:

    @DelawareDoons said:

    @CoinJunkie said:

    @braddick said:
    I am going to be bummed if you prove this isn't a CAM! I know the obverse lettering is a bit weak for CAM yet come on! The portrait is so strong to carry the day,

    The reverse is also quite frosty. I believe some rim toning is at least partly responsible for the appearance of diminished cameo on the obverse lettering. I'd be quite surprised if it didn't CAM.

    There is some rim toning you cannot see in the pictures, yes.

    Actually, I can see it. The conjecture part was that it might be responsible for diminishing the apparent cameo contrast.

    I will comment more on this later after I reveal the grade.

    "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

  • Options
    CommencentsCommencents Posts: 349 ✭✭✭

    67 cam

  • Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

    67

  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Looks to be CAM and the grade..... 66 or 67....I know, kinda wishy washy of me.... just cannot decide... oh heck...67CAM.... ;) Cheers, RickO

  • Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭✭✭

    66 Cam

    Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

  • Options
    CCGGGCCGGG Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭

    65

  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 13,204 ✭✭✭✭✭

    A Cameo.

    Grade could range from 62 to 67 depending on the presence or absence of hairlines (which often do not show in photographs).

  • Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I will post the grade this evening.

    "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

  • Options
    yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

    66cam

    BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

  • Options
    DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Pf 65 Deep Cam.

    If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • Options
    Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

    66 cameo

  • Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Nice!

    Collector, occasional seller

  • Options
    RockyMtnProspectorRockyMtnProspector Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I was in the 66 CAM camp, so the gold CAC makes sense!

    GSAs, OBW rolls, Seated, Walkers. Anything old and Colorado-focused, CO nationals.



    Gonna get me a $50 Octagonal someday. Some. Day.
  • Options
    ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I was at 66 UCAM. I could still be right. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file