Home Metal Detecting

Coinstar find

@ricko
Hi, ricko, This is actually the metaldetectinghound that I used to post under. Somehow, my account got corrupted and I have been unable to sign in for almost a month. I called Collectors universe and they said I would be on hold for 30 minutes. so, I just created a new account with another email address I have with the name of metaldetectinghound2. My wife hit the Coinstar two days ago and found $1.62 plus an almost uncirculated India 5 Rupees coin.

I had a CT scan two weeks ago and my doctors told me my lung cancer is doing great and the tumor is about 80% reduced to scar tissue. I am very relieved about the report. I will have a follow-up CT scan in April for another check. Ken

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 72,592 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Ken,
    Great news about the lungs... Very happy to hear this...and Welcome back as 'number 2'....Great coinstar find...Hope your health continues to improve... Cheers, RickO

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

@metaldetectinghound2 welcome back and good news or your health. The wacky winter weather fluctuations have me vasilating between detecting and getting ready to plant something early. Peace Roy

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 11, 2020 9:24AM

Not coin star but my CU coin machine, like I said before......each week when I cash my check I always bring a handful of change to cash in........that alleviates the awkwardness of just checking the machine in front of the tellers. :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Wow... quite a variety....looks like all foreign, plus a button and a washer. I found one quarter, a dime and a cent in the coinstar... all modern...Cheers, RickO

edited February 12, 2020 12:11PM

@ricko said:
    Wow... quite a variety....looks like all foreign, plus a button and a washer. I found one quarter, a dime and a cent in the coinstar... all modern...Cheers, RickO

There's a 1943 Lincoln and a 1991 one pound coin that is very thick with edge lettering.
    And the 'button' is actually a magnet :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM

Oh yeah.... did not see the '43 before....was it stuck to the magnet?? Cheers, RickO

edited February 13, 2020 6:11AM

Yes @ricko half of these were magnetic like the
    1998 Hong Kong 50 cents
    1997 Brasil 10 Centavos
    3 Canadian Quarters
    1 Canadian Nickel
    1943 P Lincoln

• DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

Best CoinStar haul ever.

61 Half dollars. 15 Walkers, 3 Franklins, 6 90% Silver Kennedys, 33 40% Kennedys, 4 clad Kennedys.
    A 40% silver Bicentenial quarter
    8 Silver dimes. 5 Mercs, 2 Roseys,1 Canadian
    Plus $5.55 in clad.

• DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

• mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dockwalliper said:
    Best CoinStar haul ever.

61 Half dollars. 15 Walkers, 3 Franklins, 6 90% Silver Kennedys, 33 40% Kennedys, 4 clad Kennedys.
    Plus $5.55 in clad.

Whoa. Someone cashed in their parents' coin collection...

1955 Elizabeth II Ten Cent - Dime Specifications
    Mintage: 12,237,294
    Content: 80% Silver, 20% Copper
    Weight: 2.33 Grams
    Diameter: 18.03 mm

• WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭

@Dockwalliper said:
    Best CoinStar haul ever.

Plus $5.55 in clad.

Holy cow! :o Was that all piled up in the return slot?? I've noticed the CoinStar at the grocery store closest to me has theirs way over to the far edge of the front, near the furthest register. It's very out of the way so I don't get to check it too often. I think I've found maybe a few coins in there, all just modern cents, nickels, and dimes. Haven't had a nice CoinStar score in a long time.

@Dockwalliper :o Unbelievable.... That is incredible....I have never, in all the years reading coinstar finds, heard of such a treasure in the reject slot.... Congratulations.... Cheers, RickO

• Were those found over time in Coin star machines? I never thought to check coin star machines. Do non-clad coins fall through because of sensors?