Coinstar find

@ricko
Hi, ricko, This is actually the metaldetectinghound that I used to post under. Somehow, my account got corrupted and I have been unable to sign in for almost a month. I called Collectors universe and they said I would be on hold for 30 minutes. so, I just created a new account with another email address I have with the name of metaldetectinghound2. My wife hit the Coinstar two days ago and found $1.62 plus an almost uncirculated India 5 Rupees coin.

I had a CT scan two weeks ago and my doctors told me my lung cancer is doing great and the tumor is about 80% reduced to scar tissue. I am very relieved about the report. I will have a follow-up CT scan in April for another check. Ken

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 71,709 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Ken,
    Great news about the lungs... Very happy to hear this...and Welcome back as 'number 2'....Great coinstar find...Hope your health continues to improve... Cheers, RickO

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭✭✭

@metaldetectinghound2 welcome back and good news or your health. The wacky winter weather fluctuations have me vasilating between detecting and getting ready to plant something early. Peace Roy

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 6,759 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 11, 2020 8:24AM

Not coin star but my CU coin machine, like I said before......each week when I cash my check I always bring a handful of change to cash in........that alleviates the awkwardness of just checking the machine in front of the tellers. :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Wow... quite a variety....looks like all foreign, plus a button and a washer. I found one quarter, a dime and a cent in the coinstar... all modern...Cheers, RickO

edited February 12, 2020 11:11AM

@ricko said:
    Wow... quite a variety....looks like all foreign, plus a button and a washer. I found one quarter, a dime and a cent in the coinstar... all modern...Cheers, RickO

There's a 1943 Lincoln and a 1991 one pound coin that is very thick with edge lettering.
    And the 'button' is actually a magnet :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys

Oh yeah.... did not see the '43 before....was it stuck to the magnet?? Cheers, RickO

edited February 13, 2020 5:11AM

Yes @ricko half of these were magnetic like the
    1998 Hong Kong 50 cents
    1997 Brasil 10 Centavos
    3 Canadian Quarters
    1 Canadian Nickel
    1943 P Lincoln