Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New to Here, Hello

Hello Kaliten here. I'm new here and I'm a CSM at a Walmart. I'm not that knowledgeable in coin collecting but I do look out for silver. I come across all sorts of odd coins day to day and it kinda forced me into collecting them. Here are my silver quarters. I also have 21 silver dimes and a mix of some others if you are interested.

These are the three silver quarters I have in my collection. Not expecting anything crazy with'em.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome, and cool finding silver coins.

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish I had access to a cash register in a busy place. Good finds and keep searching. All worth a lot more than the face value...way to go!

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭✭✭

very nice finds and welcome

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kaliten ....Welcome aboard... It is nice to find silver coins... Your position gives you a great opportunity to do this. Likely you see some foreign coins as well....Enjoy the hobby...Cheers, RickO

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice finds!

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you get to crack open brand new roll of coins, I would check each roll to see if any new errors show up ;)

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi and Welcome To School! I say school because you'll be taught in many areas. Such as, in ethics, manners and in business. Ask any questions you may have. The people here are pretty knowledgeable in a vast amount of everyday collecting, as well as, in other matters. Try not to take anything personnel. Post often and don't be a stranger. Remember the most important thing, have FUN! Already I see you do have the wisdom between the silver aspect of coins. That is a very good start. Many people in the public seem to not have a clue on all the silver out there in the wild. This even includes the workers in banks. That is very surprising. You think they would know first hand? Oh well, more for us silver hounds, including yourself. LOL. Keep up the good work and by the way. Your pics are good as well. Nice to have you here on our Forum. Once again, welcome to the forum.-joey :)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,502 ✭✭✭✭✭

welcome to the forums. nice silver to :)

• Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very cool, good eye, and welcome !

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭✭

hello!

Welcome aboard.

• Options
    TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forums.
    You have an interesting job, beyond finding silver are you on the lookout for the 2019 and 2020 West point quarter's, as I recall Walmart uses new quarter's for change.

Just wondering if you have found any.

On BS&T Now: Nothing.
    Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome!

Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5, 2020 10:53PM

Hello and welcome, @Kaliten .
    That's a nice pile of silver you have there.
    I have a question for you.....
    Do the employees regularly check the coin return of the Coinstar?
    Just wondering. :)

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello and welcome!

• Options
    alohagaryalohagary Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭✭

Aloha
    Look for the 2019 and 2020 W quarters

• Options
    AhrensdadAhrensdad Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭

Welcome

Successful BST Transactions with: WTCG, Ikenefic, Twincam, InternetJunky, bestday, 1twobits, Geoman x4, Blackhawk, Robb, nederveit, mesquite, sinin1, CommemDude, Gerard, sebrown, Guitarwes, Commoncents05, tychojoe, adriana, SeaEagleCoins, ndgoflo, stone, vikingdude, golfer72, kameo, Scotty1418, Tdec1000, Sportsmoderator1 and many others.

Please visit my website Millcitynumismatics.com
  • Options
    jedmjedm Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello and welcome to the forum. I find your post interesting. Sounds as though you are keeping your eye out for stuff. My dad used to have a saying when we'd pull off the road to browse a garage sale or junk store: "You'll never find anything by not looking".

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome and good luck!

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,685 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome!

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Always a nice score when silver can be had at face value.

Welcome aboard.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    KalitenKaliten Posts: 7
    edited February 6, 2020 12:10PM

mannie gray some people do but I see kids mostly snooping around the Coinstar machine.

• Options
    KalitenKaliten Posts: 7
    edited February 6, 2020 12:13PM

Since watching some coin hunting videos I do keep an eye out for W mint marks but I haven't seen any yet.

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,973 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome aboard!!

You've come to the right place!!

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 19, 2020 10:30AM

Nice.

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kaliten said:
    mannie gray some people do but I see kids mostly snooping around the Coinstar machine.

Well, if the boss doesn't care, make sure you beat them to it! :)

• Options
    ParlousJoeParlousJoe Posts: 451 ✭✭✭

Hello Kaliten and welcome aboard! Its awesome that you still find silver coins in change today and collect them.

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,885 ✭✭✭✭✭

Collecting on the front lines!
    I love it

• Options
    AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kia ora!

Smitten with DBLCs.

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forum! :)

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome aboard!! Finding silver in the wild is addictive!

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options

That's the great bit about this! You could always go out and buy culled silver coins but all mine are found. There's something great about trading a normal 10 cent piece for a silver who's worth is way more than it was ment to be. The silver quarters are a real treat to come across!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file