Home Precious Metals

how will the current attempt to steal an election effect PM prices?

bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

:D because caucuses , which are designed to be rigged from the start weren't working well enough to hand pick the victor apparently

So we get , Theres an App for that!

paper ballots hand counted in public seems like an obvious solution but what do I know

I see no particular metal reaction at the moment , I guess traders all assumed the fix would be in

Comments

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,634 ✭✭✭✭✭

Everybody's a winner! Carry on.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:
    This thread won't last long. :D That said, I never understood why some states use a caucus rather than just having a primary election.

the caucus is designed so power brokers in smoky back rooms can adjust the results to their liking. the internet is making it difficult for them and something must be done.

They pulled it off in Iowa in 2016 but there were videos and what not that exposed it.
    I believe that Hillary won 27 consecutive coin flips to pull it off

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

In before the poof!

Total sh$@ show going on, dirty everywhere.

• ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2020 6:50AM

Brenda Snipes must have been overseeing the Iowa caucus and the infamous crowdstrike probably created the "app" that was malfunctioning when people tried voting for Bernie. :D

"If voting ever changed anything, it would already be illegal..."

@bronco2078 : here's the link you're looking for: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/02/02/heres-just-how-unlikely-hillary-clintons-6-for-6-coin-toss-victories-were/

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,634 ✭✭✭✭✭

No worries - there's always the superdelegates and a brokered convention to even out the "fairness".

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really horrible timing culture-wise for a snafu like this. Mistrust in institutions is increasingly rampant, as we can see on this thread.

• shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would really like to see a brokered convention, so people can see how screwed up the system really can be. I wonder how much of the backroom stuff would make it on the air?

ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh well... If nothing else, it is fun to watch....Does anyone actually believe these things were fair - or honest? Cheers, RickO

the count is good with peanut butter sammiches , votes are no different

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

nothing to see here move along

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2020 12:25PM

Why do we only get to choose from two? Why not have 50 people campaign for a year then go to vote. The top 2 get elected and serve in co-capacity.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭✭✭

Two words : Blockchain voting

It's all about what the people want...

@LukeMarshall said:
    Two words : Blockchain voting

i think you meant to say paper ballots , hand marked , and counted in public

This discussion has been closed.