Home U.S. Coin Forum

Limited Mintage has a new one

GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know there are some who collect this modern bullion from Limited Mintage. They just came out with a new one if your interested. Usually when someone posts it’s all sold out. 93 abailable.

THE MULE CLUB – ISSUE #1 – MECURY DIME OBVERSE / BUFFALO NICKEL REVERSE – 2 TROY OUNCE – 39MM – LIMITED MINTAGE OF 100
https://limitedmintage.com/product/the-mule-club-issue-1-mecury-dime-obverse-buffalo-nickel-reverse-2-troy-ounce-39mm-mule-limited-mintage-of-100/

Comments

• ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2, 2020 10:12AM

It’s interesting they are laser engraving the serial number. Reminds me of the numbered Liberty Dollars by Bernard Von Nothaus.

Not sure how I feel about mules with mintages of 100. I generally like mules to be more rare than that.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Two ounces of silver for $99?....Rather have two ASE's, one ounce each. Cheers, RickO

• GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 3, 2020 7:27AM

Your right it’s expensive but this one there making only 100 with a certificate, usually they run 40 dollars or there abouts. Also when it comes here all 100 are sold out. Not sure why but I must of got on their email alert on their next available which is better than seeing the All Sold Out.
    Why is it when I see that notice I wished I bought? ;)

I see there going to have a 1878 CC MORGAN DOLLAR TRIBUTE – 2 TROY OUNCE – 39MM coming out soon. But there asking $80.00 for that one. But it’s basically Bullion. I just like the feel of 2 ounces of silver in a Extra thick coin. I think I bought about 20 varieties of these all in 1 heavy box! :p

• topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mecury?

• mark_dakmark_dak Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too rich for my blood!

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭✭✭

How do these products compare to D. Carrs?

Many happy BST transactions
  • joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 3, 2020 11:04AM

I took a chance. Just ordered one. :*
    Would our Host grade these?
    39mm, is that similar to a Morgan size? Oh, I checked it out myself. Morgan D. 38.1

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have two of the clashed Indian "mules", but those were limited to mintage of 10, not 100. They have really high quality stuff, but to compete with Daniel Carr, will need to do more limited items, like this. I think it is a bit misleading for them to act like it was a true mistake though... everyone knows it was created on purpose, lol. I probably will not get one of these, but may get another mule if I like the design better, or they make it into an error coin, etc.

• cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cheezhed said:

Neither is HPA compliant.

I'm surprised Carr hasn't picked up on the fantasy mule idea.

Does PCGS grade these? Thanks for any info. :)

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5, 2020 1:47AM

Some of them have denominations now. I'm guessing they feel this is okay because these are oversized. 1 ounce silver rounds in the form of Hobo Nickels with the US Five Cents denomination by Mr. The have been released before without issue.

Here's a close up of the reverse showing additional text:

edited February 5, 2020 1:48AM

Excellent photo's and a very cool coin! Now, I'm glad I just bought one. The new Mule Merc/buffalo. Can't wait to place in my actual hand. Thanks Gluggo, for making this thread. Otherwise, I still wouldn't be aware of these coins. ;)
    One More Thing...The coin I purchased, suppose to be 2 troy ounces and 39mm. HUGE. Even larger than the Morgan Dollar. B)

edited February 5, 2020 5:55PM

Just received an email from Limited Mintage. Package shipped. Can't wait. B)

@joeykoins said:

Awesome mine is on its way too! Post a picture when you get it.

edited February 5, 2020 9:06PM

@Gluggo said:

@joeykoins said:

Awesome mine is on its way too! Post a picture when you get it.

Now, you ordered yours first, right? Shouldn't you have a lower #?

edited February 6, 2020 9:14AM

Once I get it I will let you know. I am hoping tomorrow but who knows !

Yep looks like today!

February 6, 2020 at 7:10 am
    Out for Delivery, Expected Delivery by 8:00pm

• clarke442clarke442 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine was delivered in mail box Wednesday February 5th
    Haven't picked it up yet
    Pictures to come...
    I have some of their "High Relief" rounds as well
    I really like the look of them, yes pricey for bullion value but much much nicer than regular "Art Rounds"

Here we go # 06 & 07! These are some thick puppies! I put a regular quarter to them!

edited February 7, 2020 12:21AM

@Gluggo said:
    Here we go # 06 & 07! These are some thick puppies! I put a regular quarter to them!

WoW! Nice, dude. They gotta be at least 4 or 5 times thicker than the quarter! Very cool and silver to boot. If you received a 6 and 7, hopefully, I should receive an 8 or 9? I ordered mine seconds after seeing your thread. Thanks for showing. I'll show mine too. I think you were wise in ordering two. I like the matte finish appearance. B)B)B)

Sorry for the crappy cell-phone pictures
    They do look so much nicer in hand

I like how the thickness allows for the higher relief

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice but pricey.

@Jimnight said:
    Nice but pricey.

Here in Chicago, starts today (Friday) the "Chicago Auto Show". Those three words you mentioned are going to be used quite frequently there! LOL. :)

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cheezhed said:

How do these products compare to the "counterfeit" Liberty Dollars?

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

edited February 7, 2020 9:38AM

@cheezhed said:

So originally when I started to buy these they are the lower cost bullion product. Around $40+ and they are 2 ounces and are thicker than Dans. Quality looks good I am not sure what they are using to punch these out.
    This series has a certificate with a specific limited mintage of 100. Their other bullions are producing about 1500 of them. So they are charging more for these and they come with a certificate. I think the quality are close but I am going on a limb that Dan has more detail in his dies. Plus I know Dan creates his own designs and fabricates his own dies. Not sure about these.
    I look at these as more Bullion and imagine chucking one through a car 🚗 window would do serious damage. I just bought these off the spur of the moment. Their nice and heavy!

Not sure about the Liberty Dollars, who are making them?

https://intagliomint.com/

I have no affiliation with the company
    I just like, and have purchased, their products
    The "Modern Tribute Collection" has some nice looking pieces
    The "High Relief" really brings out the artistry of the pieces

How long has this company been in business? :*

Well darn I just noticed there is a nice rim ding on one of mine! Sort of dissapointing to see that! :(

@Gluggo said:
    Well darn I just noticed there is a nice rim ding on one of mine! Sort of dissapointing to see that! :(

Refund?

edited February 7, 2020 2:09PM

@joeykoins said:

@Gluggo said:

Refund?

No not really worth the time. Its just a small rim ding. I did not really buy these to sell so maybe this one will get chucked through a car window for the giggles! o:)

@derryb said:

@cheezhed said:

How do these products compare to the "counterfeit" Liberty Dollars?

They are all made in the resemblance or similitude of official U.S. coin issues.

edited February 7, 2020 8:55PM

My wife text me just now to tell me, while I was at work, my coin came in the mail. I asked her to check the mintage I got out of the 100. Drumroll 🥁. 18! Not bad even though I was hoping lower. Pics coming

• dcarrdcarr Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinsarefun said:
    They are nice. Has anyone seen that Ron Landis of Gallery Mint museum has gone back into
    making some cool stuff. If I’m not mistaken he did the die work for the limited mintage ones.

I'm pretty sure that the Limited Mintage (Intaglio Mint) dies are engraved by laser.
    For one thing, the lettering is never flat - it always has a chiseled look.
    Another example is the cap on the Winged Liberty Head (dime) that has a cross-hatched laser texture.

So that would preclude Ron Landis from having done them.

edited February 8, 2020 11:25AM

Hi guy's. I got mine! Here is my report of what I think. First of all, I'm very thrilled about this new coin! This 2 Ouncer coin is so unique in so many ways. #1. It's size. #2. The whole process of design. #3. The low mintage is what sold me. #4. The use of two of the most traditional american designs in coin history. #5. In which, I think is the only coin made this way. The thickness! I have never seen any reeded coin with this unique thickness. Mine has the number 18/100. I was hoping to have a lower number but that's ok. I'm considering to send it in to our Host? Unfortunately, it does have some issues. Yes Gluggo, I too have a rim ding on the Buffalo side. A couple of marks or scratches and a ding. It reminded me of the famous "Scarface" on the Peace Dollar. In saying that, here is the good news! I actually found some die clashes. Well, In the end, I'm very happy! Notice the detail in the bison's ribs. Here are some pics. Sorry, lots of photos;

Here is what I call, "Scarface".

Here are the clashes.

Here is what I love the most in this coin.

Laser engraving.
    Thanks again Gluggo! :)B)<3
    One More Thing... Can anyone else post if you too, have any die clashes. Thanks

edited February 8, 2020 12:15PM

Joeycoins nice report.
    Don’t forget they are taking orders for the 1878 CC Morgan Dollar but you have to order one if you want one. I think they stop 🛑 taking orders around the end of the month and will not offer them once they stop 🛑 taking orders. I added the link.

LIMITED MINTAGE 1878 CC MORGAN DOLLAR TRIBUTE

The first issue in our Carson City Dollar Tribute Series! This series will be sold by Pre-Sale only, and the number we sell during this period will be the final mintage!

https://limitedmintage.com/product/1878-cc-morgan-dollar-tribute-2-troy-ounce-39mm-pre-sale-until-february-29th-2020/

• coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,663 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dcarr said:

@coinsarefun said:
    They are nice. Has anyone seen that Ron Landis of Gallery Mint museum has gone back into
    making some cool stuff. If I’m not mistaken he did the die work for the limited mintage ones.

I'm pretty sure that the Limited Mintage (Intaglio Mint) dies are engraved by laser.
    For one thing, the lettering is never flat - it always has a chiseled look.
    Another example is the cap on the Winged Liberty Head (dime) that has a cross-hatched laser texture.

So that would preclude Ron Landis from having done them.

I spoke to him this morning. He did make the dies but they had a falling out. Shortly after he had dies
    Based on his with laser. So, this is not his. Either way this by intaglio is very nice looking and so
    is Ron’s. He just has decided to make his own versions and make it look more like ancients.

Here is a picture of the latest I picked up earlier this month.

edited March 27, 2020 7:58AM

Cool color! B)
    Mintage?

edited March 27, 2020 8:05AM

I believe after I alerted everyone back on 2-8, only a total of 8 were ordered and minted. This one has a stamp of 7. He was going to go up to 100 I believe, this one I ordered antiqued.

edited March 27, 2020 8:12AM

And looks like he has another type for sale 1917 Standing Liberty Quarter. I just pulled the trigger on them. $40.06 each 2 troy ouncers with Six (6) available. Looks like they mover higher as the Silver price moves, interesting never seen that before.

https://limitedmintage.com/product/1917-standing-liberty-quarter-type-ii-2-troy-ounce-39mm/

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

Enjoy!

edited March 27, 2020 8:11AM

Nice! I bet you wish he stops at 8. ;)

joey he actually called me up and said he only had 8 orders and still wanted to know if I wanted my order. I of course said YES! :p

• jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:
    I believe after I alerted everyone back on 2-8, only a total of 8 were ordered and minted. This one has a stamp of 7. He was going to go up to 100 I believe, this one I ordered antiqued.

Wow, great pickup! I remember seeing it, and thinking that if it was mint to order, it could be a huge number, so I didn't order! If I had known it would be so few, I would have gotten a few!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file