Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Lincolns...Why not include all 2009 issues and the West Point issues in the proof category?

I really do not understand why PCGS does not include all four proof issues from the 2009 Lincoln centennial series and as well as West Point mint marked proofs in the 1959 to present set of Lincoln proofs? Seems to me that to have a complete set you need ALL of the coins officially produced by the U.S. Mint.

Comments

• KentuckyJKentuckyJ Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭

Have you contacted the PCGS Set Registry about this issue? They are good about responding with either a yes or no and, if no, a reason behind their decision.

• TunisTunis Posts: 429 ✭✭✭✭

The two West Points have now been added. Get ready for a run up of pricing.

Successful buys on BST board from NotSure, Nankraut, Yorkshireman, Astrorat, Ikeigwin(2x), Bob13, Outhaul, coinbuf, dpvilla, jayPem, Sean1990, TwoKopeiki, bidask, Downtown1974, drddm, nederveit2

• JWPJWP Posts: 17,570 ✭✭✭✭✭

A penny for your thought

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,345 ✭✭✭✭✭

Old post.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• mrcommemmrcommem Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭✭

I agree. The proof coins should be included in the Lincoln Cent proof, just like the Kennedy Gold Half proof should be in the Kennedy Set proofs. They are proofs, aren't they?

• JonJetJonJet Posts: 524 ✭✭✭
    edited December 7, 2021 10:40PM

I believe most Proof Sets have been updated...

But there are a few yet remaining that only require one of the 4 2009 Lincoln cent for completion...

The words "Basic Set" and the fact that they were only issued that way for one year come into play

PCGS cares not what the US Mint says...I don't agree 100% but they make the rules...

And getting a PCGS Expert to admit wrongdoing is harder than milking a bull

My 1957-2022 Proof Set Collection Has Been Sold

• MurpheyMurphey Posts: 44 ✭✭

Depends on what type of "milking" you're performing...