morganbarbermorganbarber Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭

Coinstar find

I collect circulated U.S. silver
  • Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Please show the other sides.

• Options
    morganbarbermorganbarber Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭

Sorry, the steelie was just added to a jar. The Flying Eagle is really porous. I could not read the date. It will sit in olive oil for some time

I collect circulated U.S. silver
  • Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,114 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2020 8:30PM

Nice!! :o

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭✭✭

That beats my oldest US coin find in a coinstar by about 7-8 years - but I still have the Roman I found in the trash can next to the coinstar found in December.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice find.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice finds in a coinstar.... I did have a coinstar find two days ago.... a 1964 Rosie.... first silver in a while. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,075 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is the third Flying Eagle cent to turn up in "finds" in the past month. Even though the condition of the coins left something to be desired it is still highly, highly unusual. I never found a Flying Eagle cent during my roll and bag searching days in 1962-63 and I looked through a lot of coins!

I did find a 1943 steel cent in a Coinstar machine reject slot just a few weeks ago.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

.Not coin star but my CU coin machine, like I said before......each week when I cash my check I always bring a handful of change to cash in........that alleviates the awkwardness of just checking the machine in front of the tellers. :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

wow!

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    edited February 27, 2020 2:24PM

CU Coin machine today

1955 Elizabeth II Ten Cent - Dime Specifications
    Mintage: 12,237,294
    Content: 80% Silver, 20% Copper
    Weight: 2.33 Grams
    Diameter: 18.03 mm

$1.50 Canadian coins
    2 1937 Lincolns
    1 mutilated Roosevent
    1 mutilated Lincoln
    1 100 something Chinese
    1 plastic Roosevelt marked 'copy'
    1 1955 QE II 10 cent British Caribean Terr. Eastern Group 80% Silver

PS The trash bucket next to the machine had 100's of coins in it [again] but I couldn't bring my self to grab them in front of the tellers before I cashed my pay check :s

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 27, 2020 2:38PM

@1630Boston said:
    PS The trash bucket next to the machine had 100's of coins in it [again] but I couldn't bring my self to grab them in front of the tellers before I cashed my pay check :s

You should've made like you were sick, put your head in the can and make puking sounds. Then heroically declare,

"Don't worry! I'll take the bag out of the can and dispose of it at home!"

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options

One time I did pretend that I dropped something in and grabbed a handful @ms70
    I should get a job emptying the trash there.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file