Home Precious Metals
Options

Strongest buyers on precious metals?

logger7logger7 Posts: 8,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

I called Apmex earlier which usually buys at good prices. Over 12X face on 90% silver; 4% over on 1/10 oz eagles, $24 over on gold eagles. They said it depends on their inventory. Who do you sell to, Provident, Apmex, Dillon Gage or someone else? Do you overnight express?

Comments

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

John Maben is soliciting in the BST. Straight up guy. Worth a shot.

Have a nice day
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,201 ✭✭✭✭✭

@streeter said:
    John Maben is soliciting in the BST. Straight up guy. Worth a shot.

Linky

doesn't cost to ask

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

As the old song says "You gotta shop around...".....Seriously though, depends on how much work you want to put into it and things like shipping and insurance charges....sometimes an extra buck will cost you three extra bucks...Cheers, RickO

• Options

A common mistake for sellers of bullion is they fail to consider all of the costs associated with the sale. Often what looks like a good margin over spot ends up being below spot when one takes in any sales fees, paypal fees and shipping. Once these costs are considered, one might just do better walking into the local shop and selling for close to spot.

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like my brick and mortar. I like my dealer. I like our relationship.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    jimineez1jimineez1 Posts: 439 ✭✭✭

JM Bullion (aka Provident) has usually been the best place in my experience.
    For me, a couple of phone calls & $7-$15 shipping cost is far faster and easier than taking 2+ hours driving to a shop and dealing FTF, even if prices were the same (which is not likely within at least an hour drive around here). I don't really have a local B&M to speak of.

Almost Over 100 successful deals on this forum spanning well over 10 years now, feel free to ask for references!
  • Options
    isaiah58isaiah58 Posts: 385 ✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:
    I like my brick and mortar. I like my dealer. I like our relationship.

I agree, I am in Maryland and have a very reliable LCS that I trust. The only time I had a slightly better offer was for a gold chain I had, from a local jeweler whom I was using the chain towards a purchase from them.

• Options

Great that’s a good deal for you...

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    A common mistake for sellers of bullion is they fail to consider all of the costs associated with the sale. Often what looks like a good margin over spot ends up being below spot when one takes in any sales fees, paypal fees and shipping. Once these costs are considered, one might just do better walking into the local shop and selling for close to spot.

Agree. Cash in hand has value

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

The last 2 times I went to FedEx, they wouldn't take my cash. So far, that's the only place locally that won't take cash.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@jmski52 said:

The last 2 times I went to FedEx, they wouldn't take my cash. So far, that's the only place locally that won't take cash.

try paying your Chase credit card bill with cash at a Chase bank.

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see one AP is paying 3% over spot for 1 ounce AGEs. Selling for 5.75 over to dealers. Selling 2020 ASEs to dealers for 5.75% over.

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see Provident is selling 2020 AGE at $1942 with a CC!!
    $242 premium. When was the last time someone here saw that kind of premium?
    I can’t recall.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

Heritage is BUYING raw $20's from 4.5% (vf) - 6% (au) over melt. Quantities needed.

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 6, 2020 8:41PM

@MilesWaits said:
    I see Provident is selling 2020 AGE at $1942 with a CC!!
    $242 premium. When was the last time someone here saw that kind of premium?
    I can’t recall.

I can't believe they're moving many at that price. Smoe people don't need a stimulus check.