Oh Ye of Red Sox Nation, Hear Ye, Hear Ye

2»

Comments

• Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭✭

We shall see.

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Betts fiasco endures and is now in limbo. Red Sox management has apparently seen some "concerns" about Graterol's medical stuff. This "concern" has pushed him from a starter slot to a bullpen member...maybe closer.

LA was to pick up 1/2 of the $96 million owed Price. Think of that number, somebody owes you ninety six mil WOW. Ponder the spread you could buy in Montana, Idaho, Oregon, or Colorado with a very sweet trout stream running through it. B)B)

Holt remains unsigned.

Punishments to any Red Sox players expected to be light, or non-existent.

I predict Ron Roenicke will be named new manager...SOON. Only smart move available.

That is all.
    Carry on.

• Options

I could sure handle that trout stream as long as I still have direct tv to watch the Red Sox.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MCMLVTopps said:
    The Betts fiasco endures and is now in limbo. Red Sox management has apparently seen some "concerns" about Graterol's medical stuff. This "concern" has pushed him from a starter slot to a bullpen member...maybe closer.

Grateol missed the 2016 season with Tommy John surgery. Upon his return he was throwing 100MPH and the Twins were limiting his innings as a precaution. He was a starter, but the Twins began thinking of him as a potential reliever/closer.

He doesn't have many innings pitched as a professional, but looked fine last year and even pitched in the playoffs.

He performed so well that he pretty much zoomed through the minors, as a starter.

There was concern by some that he wasn't a big, tall guy. It was mentioned that he might not be able to handle the strain if throwing that hard.

I would be fine with him remaining on the Twins. Would like to see him be out closer of the future, coming in and throwing serious HEAT!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

Benintendi is at least reasonable signing a 3.4 million dollar deal for this year and 6.6 for next year,

• Options

I am completely happy with the Red Sox trade.
    They got rid of Prices and Betts enormous contracts which enables them to make any necessary moves come trade deadline.
    I am sick of these bloated contracts these players are getting and especially when someone says they will not accept a $300 million 10 year contract and will wait for free agency to see if he can get more.
    How much money do these greedy players need in their lifetime.

• Options

The Sox reportedly are after Kevin Pillar which would be a great improvement over Jackie Bradley.
    Bradley is also in his final year and is a free agent next winter.
    Great move if they can get him as he is a great center fielder and a better hitter than Bradley.
    Second base has some competition now with Downs on board but he could be a year away from the show.
    This could be an interesting year with the new general manager and manager making decisions !

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,513 ✭✭✭✭✭

@softparade said:

@perkdog said:

@softparade said:

@perkdog said:

@softparade said:
    Up next for the Sox this offseason is MLB's investigation.

And hopefully another year when the Yankees spend more and don’t win it 👍👍

Won't bother me at all. Seen plenty of winning in my day. Glad to be a fan of a team that wants it every year. Can't ask for more than that. You should know as the Sox are the same way. But I'm gonna enjoy the penalties handed down that are inbound :)

Yea the best part of it is that it won’t hurt them one bit.

Might lose draft picks. That would hurt. Not to mention an asterisk on a championship. We'll see.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/report-red-soxs-cheating-not-as-bad-as-what-astros-were-doing/ar-BBZOxL9

• Options

As predicted, Ron Roenicke was named "interim" manager of the Red Sox.

The Betts/Price deal is official.

Pedroia will not report to Ft Myers...pay the man and move on says I. Why do the drip, drip, drip, drip. Sorry you got a bum left knee, but I think the Pedroia household will do very well for a very long time. Enough already.

I have cancelled my MLB 2020 package.

That is all,
    Carry on.

• Options

I would cancel my MLB package too but I guess I cant and the pain as I still remember all those bad years the sox had and it could not get any worse than that. I need something to do to take up my time so might as well watch them.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

RE: the MLB package - FYI, if you're a T-Mobile customer, it's free every year. I've gotten it the last three years from T-Mobile. Just have to have their T-Mobile Tuesdays app installed on your phone.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,513 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tabe said:
    RE: the MLB package - FYI, if you're a T-Mobile customer, it's free every year. I've gotten it the last three years from T-Mobile. Just have to have their T-Mobile Tuesdays app installed on your phone.

I’m Hearing they merged with Sprint. Not sure if that changes anything or not

• Options

I don't have a cell phone.I never figured out how to use one.

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

What's a cell phone? Is it what a convict uses to make his allotted one phone call?

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,013 ✭✭✭✭✭

Today's technology is insane. My phone actually tells me when a call might be a scam. It will say "scam likely". It can do amazing things. I've got it mopping the kitchen for me as we speak.

• Options

Well good luck to you on that one. I grew up when they would not even let you use a calculator in school n. Back then if someone said computer they said what is that. Even the phone the operator said What number please and it was only 4 numbers you had to give her. Too complicated for me to figure out how to even turn one on today.

• Options

ERod lost his arbitration...this is really silly, silly stuff. ERod, who, after a kinda dismal 2019, wanted $8.75m for 2020, the Red Sox offered $8.3m. We're talkin' a paltry 675k difference here folks. Poor ERod will have to squeak by for 6 months of pitching every 5th game, or maybe 25 starts for a miserable $8.3 large. My abacus tells me that's $332,000 per start, if he gets 25 starts!! AND, AND, he gets pulled in the 6th, which is now de rigueur, in today's puffy treatment of pitchers.

I think I'll open one of those beggar links (go fundme thingy) so we can help this disadvantaged soul make it.

One of the reasons I cancelled my package this year...what a loser.

That is all,
    Carry on.

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tommyrusty7 said:
    Well good luck to you on that one. I grew up when they would not even let you use a calculator in school n. Back then if someone said computer they said what is that. Even the phone the operator said What number please and it was only 4 numbers you had to give her. Too complicated for me to figure out how to even turn one on today.

But at least we got to listen in on our neighbor's calls due to shared party lines.

• Options

You remember all that do you.

• Options

If you wanted to pass the driving test you had to use hand signals.

• Options

Not many crashed automatic transmissions or a/c either back then. I even remember riding in the rumble seat of my others car.

• Options

Another Red Sox player gone...

Brock Holt - Brewers

That is all,
    Carry on

• Options

Brock was a great guy to have around and will be missed but players don't last long with one team in todays world. Wish him well. He was a great man at the Jimmy Fund as well.

• Options

Anybody here beside me who is going to watch the Sox today? They have won 2 in a row.

• Options

@tommyrusty7 said:
    Anybody here beside me who is going to watch the Sox today? They have won 2 in a row.

The closest I'll get to a Boston game today is the Celtics and the Lakers.

• Options

I can not stand watching basketball.

• Options

Well, the geniuses who run the team have put Pedroia on the 60-day injured list. Seriously? The dude is done, offer him his money and let him go...I really don't care, he's laughing all the way to the bank. $12m++ for sitting on your backside...nice work if you can get it.

More nonsense continues to rumble about Cora...and JD is willing to take a lie detector test. WGAS??
    Ortiz is lighting up one Mike Fiers, calling him a snitch for apparently exposing the Astro-gate crap. Maybe Big Papi should zip his lip and enjoy living like a king (literally) in the Dominican Republic.

The spark is gone for me, I've lost total interest in the team. Oh, I guess I'll look at the standings from time to time, but getting excited about watching the team play has vaporized.

So, this is my last post in the thread...though I did originate it, I guess I did it to fire myself up...didn't happen. Someone other than me can open up the yearly Red Sox thread, official or not...I'm just done...sadly, I'm done.

That is all.
    Carry on.

• Options

I hear you and will miss your commentary. I am afraid that I fowl the same way but will continue to watch them as I have nothing left to do as my wife and I have too many ailments now to go out anywhere unless it iscompletely necessary The MLB package lets me at least watch some baseball when I can not stand what I see happening at Fenway.

• Options

Time for someone to start the Red Sox 2020 thread. I am not going to do it this year but will be following it closely for whoever starts it.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,484 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s going to be a rebuilding year. I have not followed the Red Sox well since I moved to Florida. It looks like they have blown a ton of money on players who can’t play. A year or two of shakeout might be something Red Sox fans will have to endure. Look at it this way. At least you might be able to get tickets to the home games.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any Sox fan want to trade for this before I feed it to my dog?

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@softparade said:

I would check with @DBesse27

• Options

Sale has MRI on elbow.

• Options
    The_DepartedThe_Departed Posts: 85 ✭✭
    edited March 5, 2020 12:20AM

@softparade said:

Actually yes, my son really digs Bogey. After anything specific?

@tommyrusty7 said:
    Sale has MRI on elbow.

He hurt it while lifting his $145M

Currently seeking 1975 Hostess panels
    Got one, two, more? Let me know!!

• Options

@tommyrusty7 said:
    Time for someone to start the Red Sox 2020 thread. I am not going to do it this year but will be following it closely for whoever starts it.

I think I may have opened a few of these threads in the past years...however, as posted above, I have kinda lost interest in the Sox this year and have also cancelled my MLB Extra Innings package. I will admit to having a monthly "sports package", for I think $13.99/month, which enables me to see several baseball games, which includes NESN broadcasts...unless I hit blackout rules in the Atlanta market. I'm sure I'll watch some Sox games, but not like I once did. Easy to cancel at any time, unlike the MLB extra innings package...which they try to auto-renew each year.

So, with the season upon us...I think they open on March 26 or so...why don't you just open the thread and enjoy the season. Not likely I'll post, but will lurk for sure. If I have anything of value to add, I'll post a comment, but not as prolifically as I once did. Perhaps our friend Steve (Pitboss) in Albuquerque will chime in and open the thread. Haven't seen him post in some time, hope he's doing ok.

• Options

@MCMLVTopps said:

Perhaps our friend Steve (Pitboss) in Albuquerque will chime in and open the thread. Haven't seen him post in some time, hope he's doing ok.

you mean Mr. 2009 skeleton finger. :)

• Options

I will just mind my business, watch the games, and hope for the best.
    I don't want to be the center. of attraction here and will et someone else have the honors.

• Options

3 games above .500 last year and that was with Mookie. It's gonna be a rough ride this year, but you never know, you just never know.

Currently seeking 1975 Hostess panels
    Got one, two, more? Let me know!!

• Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

@The_Departed said:

@softparade said:

Actually yes, my son really digs Bogey. After anything specific?

Hey just saw this in this thread. PM me your address and I'll get it in the mail. No charge mang.

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240