Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

My NYINC newps

France. 1868 Le Havre Maritime Exhibition Medal, PCGS SP64. Awarded to Thomas Silver of New York. Jugate busts of Napoleon III and the Imperial Prince left, legends around; Reverse: Crowned arms of Le Havre, supported by serpents holding tridents right and trident and caduceus left, divided nine-line inscription, four-line inscription in exergue within rectangular boarder, wreath below, legend around.

Great Britain. England. Edward VI. 1552 Crown, PCGS F15. A charmingly toned piece with the usual weak central strike, but fully legible legends. Mintmark: Tun. Although not differentiated in the Standard Catalogue, 1552 is in fact a much rarer date than 1551 for the type.

Great Britain. England. Charles I. Pattern 1/2 Groat, PCGS AU50. Struck by Nicholas Briot from 1631-32 at the Tower Mint, London, and as such is one of his first milled issues. Tied for finest certified at PCGS.

Great Britain. George I. 1723 Shilling, PCGS MS62. Struck from silver supplied by the South Sea Company (SSC), and featuring a deep cabinet tone throughout, manifesting on the reverse in lovely rings of color.

Great Britain. George II. 1741/39 Shilling, PCGS AU53. A very scarce overdate, this being the finest of three certified by PCGS, with none recorded in the NGC census. Aside from its rarity, conditional and otherwise, this example displays a pleasantly wholesome russet color and strong strike.

Mexico. 1889-Mo M 10 Pesos, PCGS MS61PL. An exciting and incredibly rare example of the type, surviving in mint state against all odds from a mintage of only 88 pieces, and with a prooflike designation to boot. We have only been able to find records of a single other example having been sold in the last twenty years.

Comments