Home Precious Metals
Options

Did I find a cool, rare Engelhard 10 oz silver bar?

This is the stock photo From All Engelhardt, but I am working on getting pics of mine. Same upper over stamping present in a W008... Serial #. Says < 10 known.

Or am I just seeing things?

I will get my pic up as soon as I can.

Excellent transaction with: ffcoins, Proofmorgan, fivecents, MorganMan94

Comments

• Options
    USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 25, 2020 12:28PM

Nice find!! Great looking bar. I'll let other more experienced members comment on rarity.

You can also send your pics to Allengelhard and they will give you their opinion.. I have done that twice and they are fairly quick

Good luck!

• Options

I sent some pics to All Engelhard, we will see what they say. I cannot transfer pics to my laptop while travelling for work. If someone wanted to give me their email or phone # I could send them and have you post them. Open to ideas. Thanks.

• Options

yes! fairly rare , the California plant anehiem . 18k maybe mintage? 300+ bucks

• Options

Got the pics finally.

What say the experts?

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

I say AWESOME!

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wooohooo. Nice.

• Options

Anyone in Colorado Springs, CO they have 4 more. $ 3.00 over spot. I got the only overstamped one.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice 10 oz. bar.... No idea of rarity or added value... Is that a 'filler' add on the back? To bring it up to weight?? Cheers, RickO

• Options

Not exactly sure, but it weighs in at 10.01 ozt,

Got it submitted to AllEngelhard, it's not the super rare type, but still < 18,000 total mintage. It is my first W serial # prefix and I learned a lot. It will be in their registry now, I did send pictures that they might use.

Really cool bar for a decent (for what it is) price, and a history lesson. Win/win!

Thanks everyone for a great forum!

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,526 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice score