Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2019-S Enhanced Silver Eagle mint packaging question

I've been buying these up on eBay to send in a submission to our host of a few at once. The first two came in familiar big Mint boxes, but the third one that arrived today was in a much thinner box. Does anyone know if the Mint shipped these in two different sized packages? Obviously I can't open to confirm without ruining the chance to get the COA encapsulated.

Comments

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe mine is in one of the thinner boxes

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    TrumboTrumbo Posts: 91 ✭✭✭

I had one of each

• Options
    AlanLastufkaAlanLastufka Posts: 188 ✭✭✭✭

@Trumbo said:
    I had one of each

Perfect. Thanks!

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Received a small box, too.

• Options
    jimineez1jimineez1 Posts: 439 ✭✭✭

Of ones I saw, one was big box and five were small box

Almost Over 100 successful deals on this forum spanning well over 10 years now, feel free to ask for references!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have not seen either type... :'(:( Oh, I guess that is because I got shut out.... :s (just a bit of sour grapes here)... :D Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    I have not seen either type... :'(:( Oh, I guess that is because I got shut out.... :s (just a bit of sour grapes here)... :D Cheers, RickO

+1

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine thankfully came in the small box. I had an order of silver president medals come in the big box and the tiny glue strip they used to hold the box shut never sealed (no tape or anything) and I received an empty box.

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options

Mine was a small box, and many photos here, on the ~bay, and elsewhere were of small boxes.

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had two of them and both were in small boxes.

• Options

Thanks everyone, most listings only have top down photos, so I hadn't seen the size difference while making offers. But sounds like everything's fine. In fact, just got a forth in the mail today that was also a small box. Time to box them up and send 'em off to PCGS!

• Options

@AlanLastufka said:
    Thanks everyone, most listings only have top down photos, so I hadn't seen the size difference while making offers. But sounds like everything's fine. In fact, just got a forth in the mail today that was also a small box. Time to box them up and send 'em off to PCGS!

Honestly the value of the PF70s has fallen so much and is still falling that it might be best to dump them now before the prices go lower.

• Options
    fox9487fox9487 Posts: 282 ✭✭✭

Good Luck! Fingers crossed and hope all your sellers were honest.

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP
  • Options

@AlanLastufka said:

Let us know how they graded, please.

• Options

@cameonut2011 said:

@AlanLastufka said:

Honestly the value of the PF70s has fallen so much and is still falling that it might be best to dump them now before the prices go lower.

Thanks but I've done my homework.

It took making hundreds of offers and being declined or countered hundreds of times, but I got all four of these for low enough that I should break even on the 69s and make $600 or so on the 70s after eBay fees. Based on the population reports I should get 3 70s and 1 69... I keep one 70 for myself, sell the other two for enough profit to make mine free, and then break even on the 69. That's the plan anyway. I'll be making a video on my YouTube channel once it's done to see how I came out. :)

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 25, 2020 9:21PM

How much are they selling for now raw $300.00? ;) I been away Oooops I meant $1300.00

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,997 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:
    How much are they selling for now raw $300.00? ;) I been away Oooops I meant $1300.00

Less than that. $1200ish if sealed in a box still. $1000 if in an open box. 69s now in the $1000 range.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,997 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AlanLastufka said:

@cameonut2011 said:

@AlanLastufka said:

It took making hundreds of offers and being declined or countered hundreds of times, but I got all four of these for low enough that I should break even on the 69s and make $600 or so on the 70s after eBay fees. Based on the population reports I should get 3 70s and 1 69... I keep one 70 for myself, sell the other two for enough profit to make mine free, and then break even on the 69. That's the plan anyway. I'll be making a video on my YouTube channel once it's done to see how I came out. :)

Could work. Of course there is also some magical thinking. Even if the yield is 61%, that gives you as good an odd of being 2-2 as 3-1. You are also buying them off eBay to begin with which makes it interesting to think that there are so many motivated buyers out there that the people you bought them from SHOULD (?) have gotten a higher price than you paid. I mean, you are trying to buy them and sell them at a higher price in the exact same venue.

But whats life without a little risk, right?

Good luck.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@AlanLastufka said:

@cameonut2011 said:

@AlanLastufka said:

Could work. Of course there is also some magical thinking. Even if the yield is 61%, that gives you as good an odd of being 2-2 as 3-1. You are also buying them off eBay to begin with which makes it interesting to think that there are so many motivated buyers out there that the people you bought them from SHOULD (?) have gotten a higher price than you paid. I mean, you are trying to buy them and sell them at a higher price in the exact same venue.

But whats life without a little risk, right?

Good luck.

Of course, I'm playing the odds, they could all come back 69s just as easily as they all come back 70s, my four are a very small sample size compared to the number PCGS has graded.

But I paid under $1,000 for every one of these sealed boxes, one I only paid $810 for. And that was just by making offers on every single box that got listed. Eventually four different people wanted less money now than waiting for a higher price. Figure some eBay Bucks on each order and 3% credit card cash back rewards and I feel confident that even if they all come back 69s I won't have lost anything but a little time. The upside if any come back better than that though? It's worth the gamble (and the gamble's a little fun/exciting, what if I have COA #00001 in there?! hah).

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

Number 00001 is in very tight hands or it resides with Mr. Ryder, jmo.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭

@morgansforever said:

...or hasn't been opened yet.

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

@drei3ree said:

@morgansforever said:

...or hasn't been opened yet.

Yes that's possible.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    edited January 26, 2020 8:49AM

You guys do realize that it is possible to open the boxes and reseal them without detection right? The odds of you having the 000001 COA are about the same as my odds of winning the Nobel Prize in Physics.

• Options

@cameonut2011 said:
    You guys do realize that it is possible to open the boxes and reseal them without detection right? The odds of you having the 000001 COA are about the same as my odds of winning the Nobel Prize in Physics.

Congrats! I did not know you won the Nobel.

:D:)

• Options

@Hemispherical said:
    Congrats! I did not know you won the Nobel.

I wish.

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26, 2020 9:52AM

@jmlanzaf said:

@Gluggo said:

Less than that. $1200ish if sealed in a box still. $1000 if in an open box. 69s now in the $1000 range.

Thank you much!

Ohhh and mine came from the mint in the thin box

• Options
    drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭

@cameonut2011 said:
    You guys do realize that it is possible to open the boxes and reseal them without detection right?

That's why buying and selling "unopened" boxes on eBay is extremely risky!

• Options

@Hemispherical said:

@AlanLastufka said:

Womp womp. Grades posted last night: https://www.pcgs.com/shared-orders/order-details/21764766

Lower than the overall average, unfortunately (current average is 62% 70s) but at least I got one for my own set. I'll hang on to the other three until the flippers are done selling theirs and the prices recover as inventory dries up (maybe 1-2 years?). Given the mintage of these verses the 1995-W, I do think prices will eventually match the '95s.

• Options

@AlanLastufka said:

@Hemispherical said:

@AlanLastufka said:

Womp womp. Grades posted last night: https://www.pcgs.com/shared-orders/order-details/21764766

Lower than the overall average, unfortunately (current average is 62% 70s) but at least I got one for my own set. I'll hang on to the other three until the flippers are done selling theirs and the prices recover as inventory dries up (maybe 1-2 years?). Given the mintage of these verses the 1995-W, I do think prices will eventually match the '95s.

Not being nosy, but I'd sell the 70 and keep one of the 69s if you keep any of them. I do not think prices will hold up. There is a lot of hype of these, but very few want these (from someone that recently dumped some 70s I made) at least at current prices. And unlike the 1995-W most of these are PF69/PF70. You will likely be able to buy one for your set years down the road MUCH cheaper.

• Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sell...Sell...Sell...

$750.00 for OGP
    $1,250.00 for 70

That’s within 60 days for auctions...

Demographics...Demographics...Demographics...

• Options
    philographerphilographer Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine came in a small box. I traded it for a large check 😜

He who knows he has enough is rich.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file