Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

COA for a in person autographed item?

I am going to an autograph show and getting Christian McCaffery autograph on a rookie card. Do I need to purchase the Beckett authentication for $10 if I am going to get it graded and slabbed? Not sure by which company but I will most definitely get it slabbed.

Comments

• Options
    swish54swish54 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭✭

If by getting it "graded and slabbed" you're also getting the autograph authenticated that way, then I would say you don't need to get the extra authentication from Beckett at the signing. If you're just grading the card, then I would say yes get the Beckett authentication from the signing. Getting it double authenticated by two different companies if better at resell time for big ticket items like a Babe Ruth, Gehrig etc.

• Options

@swish54 said:
    If by getting it "graded and slabbed" you're also getting the autograph authenticated that way, then I would say you don't need to get the extra authentication from Beckett at the signing. If you're just grading the card, then I would say yes get the Beckett authentication from the signing. Getting it double authenticated by two different companies if better at resell time for big ticket items like a Babe Ruth, Gehrig etc.

That is what I meant. I would get it authenticated and slabbed but Beckett or PSA.

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭

if you're going to submit it anyway, no need to spend that extra $10 IMO

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

PSA offers/offered a Quick Opinion service at one time; if I remember correctly, within a certain timeframe you could apply that fee to the cost of slabbing. Example:

Autograph acquired
    PAY FOR PSA Quick opinion for $20 (made up)
    PSA Slabbing is $50
    You pay $30 for slabbing plus S&H

I think that $10 Beckett fee works the same.

But double check BOTH Beckett and PSA.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest