edited January 22, 2020 3:15PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Comments

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

Proof 63

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,147 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree with Proof 63....I don't know how much PCGS detracts for speckles and spots.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    FHCFHC Posts: 323 ✭✭✭

Proof 63 RB

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

PF63RB

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

PR63RB here too.

• Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭

PR63RB for me too.

When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

Same here
    PR63RB

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options

PR63RB

Collector of Lincoln Cents (Wheat Reverse) and Winged Liberty Head Dimes (Mercury Dimes)

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was thinking PR64RB

• Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Significant carbon spots on copper proofs typically limit the grade to 63.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

PF63 Red

• Options
    barberkeysbarberkeys Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll guess they called it red, 3 or 4 depending how much the carbon shows in hand.

Vern
    l
    It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got.
  • Options
    SonorandesertratSonorandesertrat Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

PF63RB

Member: EAC, NBS, C4, CWTS, ANA

RMR: 'Wer, wenn ich schriee, hörte mich denn aus der Engel Ordnungen?'

CJ: 'No one!' [Ain't no angels in the coin biz]
  • Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

OP says PR46. ;)

• Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Late to the game... but 64 looks reasonable....spots show more in the TruView than the OP picture...Cheers, RickO

• Options
    AhrensdadAhrensdad Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭

Late as well, and not my series. I'm surprised at the grade given the carbon spots. I guess I would have thought that to be a limiting factor.

Successful BST Transactions with: WTCG, Ikenefic, Twincam, InternetJunky, bestday, 1twobits, Geoman x4, Blackhawk, Robb, nederveit, mesquite, sinin1, CommemDude, Gerard, sebrown, Guitarwes, Commoncents05, tychojoe, adriana, SeaEagleCoins, ndgoflo, stone, vikingdude, golfer72, kameo, Scotty1418, Tdec1000, Sportsmoderator1 and many others.

Please visit my website Millcitynumismatics.com
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ahrensdad said:
    Late as well, and not my series. I'm surprised at the grade given the carbon spots. I guess I would have thought that to be a limiting factor.

It limited it to a 64

• Options
    OldIndianNutKaseOldIndianNutKase Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

I too am late to the party, but this is my series and I think 64 was a gift because of not only the number of black spots ( I count 5) but two are on Ms. Liberty,s cheek). I have 64's that have no spots.

OINK

• Options
    AhrensdadAhrensdad Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    edited January 24, 2020 8:04AM

@jmlanzaf said:

@Ahrensdad said:

It limited it to a 64

I see your point, but thought 64 was a little generous.

Successful BST Transactions with: WTCG, Ikenefic, Twincam, InternetJunky, bestday, 1twobits, Geoman x4, Blackhawk, Robb, nederveit, mesquite, sinin1, CommemDude, Gerard, sebrown, Guitarwes, Commoncents05, tychojoe, adriana, SeaEagleCoins, ndgoflo, stone, vikingdude, golfer72, kameo, Scotty1418, Tdec1000, Sportsmoderator1 and many others.

Please visit my website Millcitynumismatics.com
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OldIndianNutKase said:
    I too am late to the party, but this is my series and I think 64 was a gift because of not only the number of black spots ( I count 5) but two are on Ms. Liberty,s cheek). I have 64's that have no spots.

OINK

But you can't grade just by the black spots.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file