Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

My New York International NEWP

The luster is stunning.
Anybody want to guess the grade?

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.

Comments

• Options
    superpsychmdsuperpsychmd Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭

64?

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

AU 55

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bidask said:
    AU 55

You cheated

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options
    AbueloAbuelo Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

That said, at least in picture, not 55... Should upgrade. The feathers on the eagle's chest are amazing.

• Options
    edited January 21, 2020 7:52PM

@Abuelo said:
    That said, at least in picture, not 55... Should upgrade. The feathers on the eagle's chest are amazing.

I agree with you, Abuelo. I was trying to let it go longer until someone spoiled the game.
    Both in hand and thru the photo, it does not appear like a 55 to me. The luster is blinding under direct light.
    I think (and hope) that I’m right and the grader had blurry vision from staying up to late the night before.

• Options
    Senator32Senator32 Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a nice coin....as long as the luster is all there....not a 55. Great pickup.

• Options
    Bob13Bob13 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not my series but looks undergraded...

My current "Box of 20"

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks sweet. I do see what could be construed as wear on the Eagle's Claw and maybe a touch of RUB on the Cap. Whether string weakness on the claws or not this does seem to be overlooked frequently and is allowed to pass as MS.

• Options
    Bob13Bob13 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yorkshireman - what did you think of the show? Did you write a report elsewhere? Would be very interested in your perspective as a first time attendee.

Thanks!

My current "Box of 20"

• Options

@Bob13 said:
    @Yorkshireman - what did you think of the show? Did you write a report elsewhere? Would be very interested in your perspective as a first time attendee.

Thanks!

I have no it written a report but should. I will try tonight.