Home Metal Detecting
Options

The future of metal detecting

1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

I posted this in another thread but thought it deserved its own :)

https://youtu.be/YH4s2xG1lx8
https://youtu.be/6xsf8u3VA3k

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Comments

• Options
    Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭

These contraptions are needlessly complicated by trying to mimic a human swinging a detector. All that is really needed is forward motion, no swinging or measured travel required, and the machine will detect a coil width path. If using a DD coil, be sure to mount it sideways.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I suppose it has applications (i.e. park, clear yard)...Probably not good in rough terrain, and certainly not for cellar holes or old foundations in the mountains...Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't see that thing finding as much stuff as I find with my At Pro. And there's no pinpointer or trowel. I'm not impressed. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

A metal detector becomes an extension of your arm and ears. If you’re listening to someone detect you may hear the beep but it’s just not the same as you swinging the coil and pin pointing or Xing the find.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree, sometimes I feel like Edward Scissorhands. I'm watching the weather, cause I am out there at one of my sunny spots if it hits 50. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will stick with the MD and swinging it myself....Like most hobbies, it is the personal, direct involvement that provides the interest and enjoyment. Cheers, RickO