Home Sports Talk
Options

Who's going to win the Super Bowl?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 16, 2020 10:52AM in Sports Talk

CAUTION: YOUR ANSWER WILL BE VISIBLE TO THE ENTIRE WORLD! YOUV'E BEEN WARNED!!!!

Who's going to win the Super Bowl?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• Options
    edited January 17, 2020 4:42PM
    Chiefs

I don't see anyone stopping the Chiefs offense. They are built to come from behind, and no lead is safe against them. Congratulations to the Kansas City Chiefs, and Andy Reid, your Super Bowl champions.

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Packers

I'm always wrong. I figured I would give the kiss of death to Green Bay.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    49ers

No idea really, but it won't be the Cowboys, Eagles, or Patriots ;)

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Titans

Henry looks like Godzilla.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,260 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Titans

I think the best way to beat KC is to keep their offense off the field and that TENN run game looks like it might be able to do it.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,161 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chiefs

still KC

• Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭
    49ers

49ers seem to be the most balanced

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    49ers

I voted SF, but I'm pulling hard for the Titans. I love smash mouth football.

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Packers

Packers by a safety.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    49ers

I based my guess on overall talent, but any one of these could do it.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Packers

the Titans do look tough, but what happens when, and not if, Derrick Henry gets stopped and slowed down??? I think that despite the prowess of the KC offense the SB Champ will come from the NFC, and I choose the Packers in a great game over KC.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Packers

Just think. Had Garrett been fired a year earlier, Dallas would be a two touchdown favorite today.

:*

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Packers

Only if Romo was still his QB.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭
    Chiefs

Here's hoping .that Andy Reid finally gets it done. Too good a coach to not win a SB!

I'm also hoping that the Packers go down today. I've just had my fill of them and Rodgers

• Options
    Chiefs

If the Chiefs can bottle up Derrick Henry, then the Titans will be forced to throw. There's no way they can beat the Chiefs in a throwing shootout in Kansas City. We'll see, but I love the Chiefs chances today.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 19, 2020 1:02PM
    Chiefs

I voted Chiefs, because if I was forced to pick a winner they would be my choice. Out of the four, I am rooting for the Titans.

I am copy and pasting my answer from a different forum in which I explain my reasoning for wanting the Titans to win. :D

Rodgers is amazing. But my fellow long time Pats fans know that Brady is on an entirely different level. Brady is a coachable, team first guy who willed himself to have the greatest QB career ever- all the while constantly improving, refining his game, and learning. Green Bay fans should honestly expect another ring from Rodgers. It won't put him into the actual GOAT conversation- other than on ESPN, Reddit, etc...where there will be conversations back and forth about an imaginary scenario where that ring knocks off Brady. Even beyond that, SB XXXI was a very painful loss that I can still bring myself back to today. It was awesome getting to that SB with Bledsoe. I was 10 when we lost in 85. I wanted the win. I didn't know it would be a few more years of suffering until all of these blessings would arrive.

Mahomes is amazing. Obviously. If they win the SB, it is true that there will be talk of a new dynasty, yada yada yada. That would be ok. Let them have that if it happens. We know that no man, no QB has gotten to the SB as frequently and won the SB as many times as Tom Brady. That's my QB. OUR QB.

Jimmy G 😎 What can I say? Sure, if he wins it we will be hearing it from Patriots fans and non-Patriots fans. "Should have kept him. Belichick wanted him. It was Kraft's decision to trade him.". Remember when Tom was suspended, and Jimmy G filled in and won those games? If Tom had been suspended for a higher number of games, do you think we would have ended up keeping him, after seeing him play in a longer sample size? I don't. Because he wouldn't have been playing. Because he got hurt. Just like he got hurt when he went to San Francisco. IF the 49ers win the SB, there will be MANY supposed Pats fans whining about not keeping Jimmy. But that's okay. Because I know that trading him and keeping the GOAT was the right decision.

As for the Titans, I'm rooting for them to win the SB

Edited to fix a few words.