Home Sports Talk
Options

MLB suspends Astros GM and manager for 1 year, $5 million fine, forfeit draft picks

2»

Comments

• Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL every player on that Astro team is going to wish the season was over at the All Star Break

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

Yesterday Rob Manfred referred to the World Series trophy as "a piece of metal".

"The idea of an asterisk or asking for a piece of metal back seems like a futile act. People will always know that something was different about the 2017 season, and whether we made that decision right or wrong, we undertook a thorough investigation, and had the intestinal fortitude to share the results of that investigation, even when those results were not very pretty."

Justin Turner has some thoughts:

“I don’t know if the commissioner has ever won anything in his life,” Turner said in front of his locker Monday. “Maybe he hasn’t. But the reason every guy’s in this room, the reason every guy is working out all offseason, and showing up to camp early and putting in all the time and effort is specifically for that trophy, which, by the way, is called the Commissioner’s Trophy.

“So for him to devalue it the way he did yesterday just tells me how out of touch he is with the players in this game. At this point the only thing devaluing that trophy is that it says ‘Commissioner’ on it. “It’s just unbelievable. Is he that out of touch with our game, that those are his comments? … Does he not know what we put into these seasons? Does he not know how much work we dedicate to winning that piece of metal? Does he not know what it means to fan bases and cities? Does he not know what it means to little kids in that city, trying to inspire those kids to want to be baseball players?

“Clearly, he doesn’t. He talks about it. He says, ‘Oh, yeah, we want to get the youth involved! We want to inspire the youth!’ But now you’re essentially condoning these guys for cheating. And saying, ‘There’s no precedent’? There’s no precedent because no one’s ever done it before. He just set a soft precedent for how to handle this situation.”

Manfred needs to resign or be fired, STAT. Worst commish in MLB history.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,957 ✭✭✭✭✭

The unfinished tattoo is why Altuve wouldn't take his jersey off. You see, Jose Altuve had an unfinished tattoo, and he didn't want us to see it. That's the latest claim coming from camp Houston.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,957 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Jose Altuve just might have been hiding a big, fat, juicy, chocolatey buzzer underneath his jersey!

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you do the crime, you do the time.

I never liked Cora, and to realize now that HE KNEW what he did in Houston was illegal, cheating, whatever you want to call it, then, come to Boston like his ship has finally come in, is total BS. He is a scumbag and I hope a heavy wrath falls upon him from a great height by the Comish!! He has not only trashed himself, he trashed his family and got the Red Sox drug through the mud for his S-T-U-P-I-D-I-T-Y.

I was actually rethinking my position on having dumped the MLB package...just to hear the boos, AND, the boos birds are coming. So, Bregman and company won't be strutting around so much this year, or ever again, they all had to know what was going on, otherwise, what was the point of stealing signs? Of course their Spring Training venue is sealed off tighter than Ft Knox...but it won't be when the season begins. I hope they are all boored without mercy no matter where they go.

If you cheat you get banned...case closed.