Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

PCGS Now Recognizes Modern Mexican Pattern Book

Las Pruebas De La Moneda Mexicana Del Siglo XX, written and published by Pablo Luna Herrera in 2016, is now the official reference for PCGS on modern Mexican patterns. PCGS will attribute all patterns listed in Herrera’s 408-page reference book. Before this publication, not much information was available on Mexican patterns, such as the 1959-Mo P Peso PL-27 Var Nickel (PCGS SP66) above with more than 150 entries and hundreds of images, this book serves to fill a large gap in reference material.

See the rest of the article here: https://www.pcgs.com/news/pcgs-now-recognizes-modern-mexican-pattern-book

Comments

• Options
    AbueloAbuelo Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pruebas said:
    Many of the photos are of my coins, including the one above.

Your collection has to be unique. Nice.

• Options
    1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭✭

@pruebas said:
    Many of the photos are of my coins, including the one above.

A proud achievement. Congrats.

Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure if people are aware. The first edition (2016) of this book has been sold out since publication and is impossible to find. The second edition (2019) was recently published and is much expanded. It is hardcover, entirely in Spanish, and pretty hard to obtain, even in Mexico, as less than 150 copies have been printed.

I will have a few copies at NYINC available for sale on Friday first come, first served, if anyone wants a copy.

@PCGS_SocialMedia is the PCGS copy the second edition or the first?

• Options

@pruebas said:
    Not sure if people are aware. The first edition (2016) of this book has been sold out since publication and is impossible to find. The second edition (2019) was recently published and is much expanded. It is hardcover, entirely in Spanish, and pretty hard to obtain, even in Mexico, as less than 150 copies have been printed.

I will have a few copies at NYINC available for sale on Friday first come, first served, if anyone wants a copy.

Mine is the 2016 😢 too bad will not be there...

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

Id love one, I won't be at NYINC but i'd pay for postage

• Options

@pruebas said:

@pruebas , I was able to obtain two copies of the second edition for our library. But I haven't been able to track down a copy of the first edition yet.

Dylan Dominguez
    PCGS World Department
    World Coin Researcher

• Options
    JesseKraftJesseKraft Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pruebas said:

I wish I had seen this before NYINC!!

Jesse C. Kraft, Ph.D.
    Resolute Americana Curator of American Numismatics
    American Numismatic Society
    New York City

Member of the American Numismatic Association (ANA), British Numismatic Society (BNS), New York Numismatic Club (NYNC), Early American Copper (EAC), the Colonial Coin Collectors Club (C4), U.S. Mexican Numismatic Association (USMNA), Liberty Seated Collectors Club (LSCC), Token and Medal Society (TAMS), and life member of the Atlantic County Numismatic Society (ACNS).
    Become a member of the American Numismatic Society!

• Options

@DylanDominguez said:

@pruebas said:

@pruebas , I was able to obtain two copies of the second edition for our library. But I haven't been able to track down a copy of the first edition yet.

@DylanDominguez sorry I missed your reply.

You don't really need the first edition as the second is much better. If you really want the first, I can ask around in Mexico and look for one at the next show (supposed to be September, but who knows if the show will go on).

• Options

@JesseKraft said:

@pruebas said:

I wish I had seen this before NYINC!!

@JesseKraft sorry I missed your post. Do you need a copy of this? I still have maybe 4 copies available.

• Options

@pruebas still available?

• Options
    JesseKraftJesseKraft Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pruebas Sorry, this slipped my mind, only to reappear for whatever reason. I was interested in this for the ANS Library, but have since found out that we already have a copy. Thank you, however.

Jesse C. Kraft, Ph.D.
    Resolute Americana Curator of American Numismatics
    American Numismatic Society
    New York City

Member of the American Numismatic Association (ANA), British Numismatic Society (BNS), New York Numismatic Club (NYNC), Early American Copper (EAC), the Colonial Coin Collectors Club (C4), U.S. Mexican Numismatic Association (USMNA), Liberty Seated Collectors Club (LSCC), Token and Medal Society (TAMS), and life member of the Atlantic County Numismatic Society (ACNS).
    Become a member of the American Numismatic Society!