Home Precious Metals

Bvmay had a little success, SO I'll try this AARO bar again. Another question about an unknown bar

rte592rte592 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭✭✭

AARO loaf style.
Anyone know who made these.

Logo looks like a type of aircraft and atomic symbol.

Comments

• WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2, 2020 4:03PM

There's another one, 9.57 ounces, on eBay right now (item # 303110649892). Asking $700. That same bar was offered on cointalk in February of 2019 for $500, along with a request for information about it (which went unanswered).

A 9.49 ounce sold in the past on eBay, too.

And a larger one weighing 20.490 ounces appears to have been offered earlier as well.

So there are at least 4 similar bars we can trace with similar weights.

I suspect the symbol is an "arrow", as in AARO.

There is a sweet spot with vintage silver bars. If they are interesting and there are just enough of them but not too many, then they seem to become desirable. Unfortunately, if a reliable history about the manufacturer, date, location, etc. can't be found, and ironically, if there are too few of them, then the market seems to be softer.

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

Update: the larger one includes a few more clues. It says "AARO Metals Co".

And a further search of that slightly different inscription turned up another larger bar (19.759).
    http://www.silveringotinfo.com/doku.php?id=a:aaro

Googling "Aaro Metals Co." turned up what appears to be an expired MANTA listing:

_Aaro Metals Company
    9843 Mcmahon Court
    Missouri City, TX 77459
    Phone: (281) 778-1926

Aaro Metals Company is a privately held company in Missouri City, TX and is a Single Location business.

Categorized under Silver Recovery Equipment. Our records show it was established in 1961 and incorporated in Texas. Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of 100000 and employs a staff of approximately 1._

For what it's worth, the address is a single family home.

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • rte592rte592 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow nice work Weiss.
    I have the one listed on the bay.
    The other 9.49 may be my other that didn't find a buyer.
    I managed to pick up 3 out of Texas, so the Texas location makes sense.

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting information, thanks for sharing !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great research @Weiss.... Amazing what can be found on the internet now....Cheers, RickO