Home U.S. Coin Forum

POLL: Which of These 58-D Roosie Dimes Do You Like Best? (GIVEAWAY Winner ANNOUNCED)

2»

Comments

• davewesendavewesen Posts: 6,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

C for me, although I like the emerald green on the first 2, I do not like their lower bands.

• lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭✭✭

I chose Coin A too. ..mainly because I've never seen colors like that on a Rossie. For overall eye appeal, I actually prefer the giveaway coin... I'm more drawn to understated toning even though the piece doesn't get the FB designation.

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • kazkaz Posts: 9,137 ✭✭✭✭✭

All are great, but I pick C, warm glow on the obv. and subtle rainbow on the rev. Thanks for the opportunity!

• onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭✭

A all the way

• markelman1125markelman1125 Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love coin C because of the toning yet contrast of the design. One awesome coin

• KyleKyle Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

I prefer coin C.

Successful BST Transactions With: tonedase, streg2, airplanenut, coindeuce, vibr0nic, natetrook, Shrub68, golden, Lakesammman, drddm, Ilikecolor, CoinJunkie, wondercoin, lablover
  • bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭✭

My pick is A because of the vivid color pallet.

Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.
  • DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,988 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was a pick 'em call between A and B for me, but I went with A.

When in doubt, don't.
  • 59Horsehide59Horsehide Posts: 427 ✭✭✭

I vote for coin C. I like the contrast between the obverse and the reverse. I like the reverse the best.

• giantsfan20giantsfan20 Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭✭

Coin A.

• jerseycat101jerseycat101 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coin A has amazing reds! Coin B was close with the greens.

• stevebensteveben Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭

i picked coin c because i feel it has the best overall appeal. tough choice though.

• cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 4, 2020 7:21PM

It was between A and B for most color and there were fewer disruptions in toning on coin A. I voted A.

• robecrobec Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

I picked the more vibrant, neon toned Coin A.

• DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coin "B" is a rainbow and the obverse is the money shot. Easy choice.

If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 6, 2020 1:17PM

Giveaway winner announced at the bottom of first post.

Thanks to everyone who voted! Coin A won in a landslide.

A: 46 votes (57%)
    B: 16 votes (19%)
    C: 19 votes (23%)

My personal preference is in the exact reverse order: B, C, A. Green is one of my favorite colors. However, as I said in the first post, I like them all.

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats @cecropiamoth!

Fun giveaway @CoinJunkie!

• CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Smudge said:
    Does anyone else think that the giveaway coin deserves FB?

Now to answer your question: Yes, I do. The giveaway coin was in an OGH graded MS66. Since green label holders are my very favorite, I would have left it there except that the coin was seriously rotated in the slab, so I did my normal trick of banging a corner of the slab on a hard surface repeatedly. This did straighten the coin out, but also did a fair amount of damage to the plastic on the corner taking the hits. Anyway, given that the slab was kind of trashed and I thought the coin deserved FB and a better grade than 66 (I thought 66+, shot 67), I just sent it along for the ride with some other Roosies I was submitting for Regrade.

So that's the story.

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats to the winner.

• cecropiamothcecropiamoth Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, winding down the day here at work, a couple hours left, I open up my web browser and go to the Forum and what do I see? A little number 1 in the Notifications! Notifications are always fun! What, I won? LOL...that is awesome, don't think I've ever won one of these!

Thank you CoinJunkie for the contest!

I shall find a way to pay this good fortune forward.

Jeff

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file