Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

FS - New Orleans Gold $10 CAC - SOLD

YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful 1851-O $10 with nice toning and a CAC sticker. Bought from a Doug Winter concierge sale.
I love this coin but have shifted my focus to the foreign coins.
CAC gold is hard to find, so sell for a premium.
Only one CAC piece has auctioned recently.
Mine looks much nicer!
$2200 OBO - SOLD

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.

Comments

• YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

TTT

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.

tTT

• jonrunsjonruns Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is a nice coin and DWN put a very accurate retail price on it....I wouldn't characterize a dealer's offer of 89% of retail for it as "lowball"...I'd call it "fair"...did you ask DW what he will buy it back for? Happy holidays and good luck!

By lowball, I meant he was factoring in a profit.
    I have no problem with him making a profit except I want to sell to an end collector myself.

• jonrunsjonruns Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

"A low-ball offer is a slang term for an offer that is significantly below the seller’s asking price...to lowball also means to deliberately give a false estimate for something."

I'll offer you $1400 for the coin...now that's a low-ball....

• BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,839 ✭✭✭✭✭

That $2000 offer is a very fair offer especially given the APR’a

• ilmcoinsilmcoins Posts: 525 ✭✭✭✭

I am missing something here... all the recent sales have been for much less. Please clue me in on this one.

• GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful coin I wish I had the funds I would jump on it!

@ilmcoins said:
    I am missing something here... all the recent sales have been for much less. Please clue me in on this one.

CAC coins sell for much more. The only recent CAC transaction was for $2100 and mine has much greater eye appeal.

@PerryHall said:
    Too many sellers on the BST are unrealistic as to the value of their coins.

In general Maybe so. However, CAC coins sell for much more. Please read post just above this one.

@Boosibri said:
    That $2000 offer is a very fair offer especially given the APR’a

For a dealer, yes. My goal is to sell it to an end user collector and keep the profit the dealer wants to make by selling it at a higher level to someone else.

@jonruns said:
    "A low-ball offer is a slang term for an offer that is significantly below the seller’s asking price...to lowball also means to deliberately give a false estimate for something."

I'll offer you $1400 for the coin...now that's a low-ball....

Please read the last several posts.
    You have too much time on your hands ...

@Gluggo said:
    Beautiful coin I wish I had the funds I would jump on it!

Thank you! I wish you did too.

• skier07skier07 Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too many sellers on the BST think they are operating retail stores.

TTT

• PickwickjrPickwickjr Posts: 556 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great looking coin, love the toning.
    If it was in a dealers case it would be more money than the $2200.

@Pickwickjr said:
    Great looking coin, love the toning.
    If it was in a dealers case it would be more money than the $2200.

Thanks, Pickwickjr

TTT

Ttt

• RGRG Posts: 74 ✭✭

Pre-War of Yankee Aggression gold + New Orleans + toning + Doug Winters + AU55 + CAC . What's not to like?

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence is limited...don't ask me how I know

TTT

TTT

TTT