Home Sports Talk
Options

Sorry, I’m not sure how to title this thread, perhaps someone can help?

stevekstevek Posts: 27,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m a bit confused how to title this thread with so many possible titles. Perhaps someone can help or maybe a friendly Dallas Cowboys fan could be of kind assistance?

Should the title be “Dallas Cowboys 2019 season RIP” or perhaps “Jason Garrett and his Dallas Cowboys head coaching career RIP” or perhaps “How many Dallas Cowboys front office personnel will be fired in the off season RIP”? The possible titles are endless.

I think you understand the dilemma.

So many possible titles, so confusing. Somebody help me please.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,

stevek

Comments

• Options

Whoever said that it wasn't fun to pile on? ;)

• Options

What's the over/under time tomorrow on Jason Garrett getting fired?

I'm guessing 12:30 noon. Jerry has fired key personnel before when taking them out to lunch.

• Options

Wow, a JerryJones on Ebay just placed the Dallas Cowboys for sale.

$1 including free shipping.

i'm not sure if it's a prank or not?

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was going to be nice until this thread Steve. I hope you get ripped next week now! :D

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    I was going to be nice until this thread Steve. I hope you get ripped next week now! :D

I haven't analyzed the upcoming game yet, it's not decided who the Eagles are playing, but that "ripped" could happen.

Lot of young kids now at the Eagles offensive positions, and the pace of the playoffs is faster than the regular season. Even with Wentz, this will be his first NFL playoff game. Perhaps they'll handle it fine, but that would be wishful thinking.

But being an Eagles fan, i'm used to wishful thinking. :)

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Eagles are a weak team from a weak division. We get a post season game which is fun, but I don’t expect much.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@BillJones said:
    The Eagles are a weak team from a weak division. We get a post season game which is fun, but I don’t expect much.

I don't disagree with ya.

Maybe lightening will strike, but that's wishful thinking.

As much enjoyment as i get from the Eagles getting into the playoffs, i get almost as much enjoyment seeing the Cowboys flounder and get eliminated. B)

• Options

I just called Jerry......no answer.....must not be home yet. Probably sitting in a Dallas bar muttering......WHY! I left a message saying I would take the HC job if I got to name all my coaches and no input from him on my play calling. I guarrenteed him 5 straight years of 16-0 and the SB trophy! All this for 2 million a year and expenses. I'm waiting for my return call.

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭✭✭

MEMO:
    HMMMMM, HMMMMM
    Jerry,
    "Come take this badge off of me
    I can't wear it any more"

• Options

Next Man Up !
    I'm here if you need a replacement.
    NAME: just give me a #
    LTB

• Options

Still waiting for my call!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    Still waiting for my call!

Sit tight. I just got off the phone with Jerry. He's delayed the announcement of firing Garrett and hiring Dimeman for tax reasons.

• Options

• Options

Hang on
    soon we can relax.
    E A G L ES
    cool

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

As this seems to be an omnibus thread, why is the college final game still 9 days off?

Senseless to run the season half way into January.

• Options
    arteeartee Posts: 757 ✭✭✭
    edited January 4, 2020 6:25AM

how about "the thread to prohibit signature pictures that are larger than 12x8s. yes, i am pointing at you, perkdog" thread?