Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New Anti-Counterfeiting Technology Starts February 24!

13»

Comments

• Options
    HarlequinHarlequin Posts: 110 ✭✭✭

With counterfeit slabs so prevelant in the marketplace today it's good to see PCGS stepping up to protect collectors interests! Keep up the good work folks!

🇺🇸 Harlequin Numismatic
    harlequinnumismatic@gmail.com

• Options
    AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is really, really cool.

With PCGS Gold Shield, each coin is imaged in high resolution, registered, and checked against PCGS’ vast proprietary imaging database. Our Gold Shield system benefits from artificial intelligence and machine learning, helping our graders quickly identify and remove counterfeits from the market. PCGS Gold Shield may then identify lost or stolen pieces resubmitted to us, ensuring your coin’s maximum value. PCGS Gold Shield utilizes PCGS Secure coin grading and authentication services to provide both covert and overt enhanced security features.

All of this is so fascinating and fantastic. Machine learning is incredibly useful. It gives people who sell stolen property something to really worry about. Good.

Unfortunately, GS doesnt fit in any of my plastic sleeves and the lids on some PCGS boxes dont close all of the way, all of the time.

I have like 20 or 24 whatever coming back in the next two weeks and tbh I'm not sure what dumpster fire and frustration I'm gonna have to troubleshoot when my coins come back. Like why look forward to dealing with an issue?

I'm sort of almost not looking forward to them at all if its gonna be that Walker situation all over again. I'm gonna buy new stuff then wait for it to come in stock and maybe it shows up.. and maybe never do this again if I can't mix my PCGS slabs with my PCGS slabs.

Please let me know if this is just me. I've only owned a couple maybe a bad string of slabs? Bad box? Bad sleeves?

• Options
    edited September 11, 2020 6:24PM

Thank you for putting the NFC chip in such a convenient spot. Not sure how it is for you guys, but the slab fits great in my palm and also allows me to hold my phone. It's almost flawless. I just grab my phone with the coin in my hand. Cool.

• Options

Just got some PCGS GS back and these are super nice. This is so much easier than trying to scan barcodes.

Not sure if this has always existed but, not having to hit Back and initiate a new scan is great. Just pass them right under your phone and onto the next. This is super convenient and pretty sweet.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file