Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What collectibles did you unwrap?

So what gifts did everyone get to add to their collections?

Pretty light day for me since I’m going to the Cotton Bowl. I did have a Topps Chrome Value Pack in the stocking and pulled a green Brad Keller auto. My wife didn’t want to try and buy anything for my collection so I also got a little bit of money for eBay to pick up a few things. Would love to see what everyone else got.

Comments

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got a blaster, some ultra pro platinum pages and two Brady rookies. A bowman and an upper deck victory. Both are 8.5's!

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 21, 2020 11:20AM

I gave myself a ‘gift’ and sent these guys off just before Christmas. It’s a nice low to mid grade grouping that is rich in eye appeal (to me, anyway). All five are of the Jumbo variety and all feature the pride of Commerce, Oklahoma.

Clockwise from top right:
    1961 Phillies Cigar, 1950-70 Rawlings Advisory (Seated w Glove), 1956 NYY “Action Picture”, 1964-66 Rawlings Premium wBlack Undershirt, 1964-66 Rawlings Premium wNo Undershirt

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    GilbeyGilbey Posts: 201 ✭✭✭

My girlfriend framed all of my yankee perfect game tickets and autographed pictures of them..Larson, Cone & Wells.
    They came out really nice.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not much to unwrap in the way of collectibles for me this year, but did get a great Christmas package from @galaxy27 with some winner auto'd Masters badges of impeccable provenance (Olazabal, Singh, and Scott) along with an upgrade for my Seve Ballesteros registry set ...

Many thanks!

• Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭

Participated in a Secret Santa in a Frank Thomas group and was gifted these beauties. The 2019 A&G Triple Rip card was probably my most wanted card of the year.

Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:
    Not much to unwrap in the way of collectibles for me this year, but did get a great Christmas package from @galaxy27 with some winner auto'd Masters badges of impeccable provenance (Olazabal, Singh, and Scott) along with an upgrade for my Seve Ballesteros registry set ...

OK, the mentioned upgrade was way more significant than can possibly be imagined. Slacking on scanning until now, when I added it to my set I'm, however briefly, the owner of the #1 set!

https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/publishedset/221713

It ain't easy to wrassle a Gator and come out on top!

Thanks again @galaxy27!