Home U.S. Coin Forum

2021 Eagles

KccoinKccoin Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

How cool would it be if the 2021 (silver) Eagle bullion coins were minted with the '21 Morgan and/or '21 Peace dollar designs?

obverse - Liberty, IGWT, 2021
reverse - Eagle, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, 1 oz fine silver, ONE DOLLAR

Regular "business' strike coins minted to demand, and distributed through the EXISTING network of authorized dealers/purchasers.

I think this would be a slam dunk for pretty much everyone.

what do you think?

Tagged:

Comments

• COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd like a Peace dollar design. But that won't happen for 2021.

Instead, it looks like only the Reverse side will change for 2021 ASE bullion. Long-overdue anti-counterfeiting will be incorporated. And I'm guessing the existing design will be basically unchanged.

More info: https://www.coinworld.com/news/precious-metals/u-s-mint-to-redesign-gold-and-silver-american-eagles-implement-security-devices

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure what "slam dunk" means in this context. In what sense? Value? Doubtful. Profitability to the Mint? Doubtful. People would buy it, sure. But would ASE buyers even consider it to be part of the series? It would be a separate commem, wouldn't it?

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

It will be interesting...however, I thought it was to be a change to the reverse that would continue, not a one time change...Will likely get one...Cheers, RickO

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was a fan of the original design in MS and proof.

• KccoinKccoin Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was just thinking using the existing ASE network to make "eagles" with Peace/Morgan designs, as opposed to trying to pass a new bill in Congress to get something done. The commems coming seem to be hit or miss.

Mint the coins to demand so they can be available to everyone for the going rate ($4/over spot, or what have you).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file