AU!

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

Both

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

OOOOOHHHkay.....I agree... whatever they are, they look great... :o;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    OOOOOHHHkay.....I agree... whatever they are, they look great... :o;) Cheers, RickO

Supposed to be representations of silver and gold.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

💰

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb is inching back up to that all time high. Congrats!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Goldâ„¢.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options

Oil flows by pipelines, coal is dead technology and everything else moves by boats and trucks. Railroads are a thing of the past just like the brick and mortar retail down at your local mall. Get with the times....And really....Zero Hedge? Credible news at it's finest. :roll

• Options
    edited December 29, 2019 1:58PM

boats only go to ports, trucks only provide the short interstate haul. At the ports, containers are loaded on rail cars for the long haul. At train terminals, containers are removed from trucks and loaded on to rail cars.

Next time yer stopped at the railroad crossing take the time to count the cars carrying industrial loads. Then come back and pretend to be an expert.

Oh, and keep believing CNBC.

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:

Oil flows by pipelines, coal is dead technology and everything else moves by boats and trucks. Railroads are a thing of the past just like the brick and mortar retail down at your local mall. Get with the times....And really....Zero Hedge? Credible news at it's finest. :roll

There were in excess of 800 Trucking companies that went Bankrupt in 2019. If you drive by any trucking terminal in the United States there are 100s of pieces of equipment sitting idle.

• Options
    edited December 29, 2019 2:19PM

Baltic Dry Index (for those that only read/watch CNBC, that's the one that tracks oceanway shipping volume) decreased 192 points or 14.98% since the beginning of 2019.

All movement of industrial commodities has taken a big hit. Not looking so good for the economy. If you can't handle the truth, don't read ZH. The followers of CNBC are cannon fodder for the next crisis.

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

I doubt that railroads are a thing of the past... they are HEAVY HEAVY haulers. Hauling coal for the coal plants was(is) a major use for them... as coal plants close down, not sure what they replace the lost revenue with.

I used to work at a coal fired power plant many years ago... they would get a full train of coal every other day or so.

----- kj
  • Options

@tincup said:
    I doubt that railroads are a thing of the past... they are HEAVY HEAVY haulers. Hauling coal for the coal plants was(is) a major use for them... as coal plants close down, not sure what they replace the lost revenue with.

I used to work at a coal fired power plant many years ago... they would get a full train of coal every other day or so.

Where I live in the Northeast rails are all full of weeds. As a matter of fact rails to trails is what is booming up here. Get that nasty global warming coal out of here, go green brothers! Semper Fi!!

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:

@tincup said:

Where I live in the Northeast rails are all full of weeds. As a matter of fact rails to trails is what is booming up here. Get that nasty global warming coal out of here, go green brothers! Semper Fi!!

Thats your government selling us out for 30 pieces of silver.

Railroad right of ways everywhere overgrown with weeds and 8 hours of rush hour traffic around boston every weekday . Brilliant aint it?

100 years ago there were streetcars everywhere

• Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

Idk about trucking cos going away. My nephew is a business manager for a small trucker but ends up driving half time because they can't find enough drivers at a starting pay of $100k. On his last haul he had to hit 3 truck stops on 95 before he found one with an open parking place.

ANA-LM, NBS, EAC