Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

1834 Cap Bust dime with error

NikitikitaviNikitikitavi Posts: 7
edited December 24, 2019 4:00AM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Just recently acquired a bunch of coins and I am quickly becoming obsessed with the history and fun in the coin collecting community so I’m open to any information about any of my postings and please forgive me if I am incorrect about any post. 1834 cap bust dime with what appears to be a error “after mint damage” for sale 30.00 after reconsideration 😁 I’m always open to offers

Tagged:

Comments

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to say but that looks like damage done to the coin.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,114 ✭✭✭✭✭

Post mint damage of some sort.
    Since you are open to advice, I think the original price of $15 on the 2x2 is a lot closer to the real value than the price on the green sticky note.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the Board.

Your dime is not a mint error. It looks to be ex-jewelry with remnants of the mount remaining on the coin.

Also, if you want to sell a coin, it's best if you post images of both sides of the coin.

Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Thank you so much for your helpful advice I wasn’t sure if I should take it out of the package or not, and I really appreciate you guys being super nice

• rte592rte592 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nikitikitavi said:
    Thank you so much for your helpful advice I wasn’t sure if I should take it out of the package or not, and I really appreciate you guys being super nice

Now if you had provenance from Nelson H. Davis that he personally had this made, used as a cufflink shortly before his career as a US soldier.
    That would probably add a little value.
    Google around a bit and do some research, coin collecting just might interest you.