Home Sports Talk

Which sports team is the worst in the history of mankind?

stevekstevek Posts: 27,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

Which sports team is the worst in the history of mankind?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dallas Cowboys

Just warming up the smack for today's game. B)

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

😂😂😂

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dallas Cowboys

I was going to say baseball’s 1899 Cleveland Spiders who had a record of 20 - 130. They were so bad that other teams won’t play in Cleveland because their share of the gate was too small. They could not begin to pay the travel and hotel bills. The Spiders averaged 145 spectators per game in a 9,000 seat stadium.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 22, 2019 2:34PM

Steve you are a hoot. You are talking about a team in a group 5 best Franchises in the SB History of the NFL.

Cowboy's...……. 5 SB's
    Pat's ……………….6 SB's
    Steeler's...……... 6 SB's
    49'ers...………… 5 SB's
    Packers...………..4 SB's
    This group accounts for 26 of the Super Bowl Champions! :o This is half of SB's

You're just pi$$ed that the Hummingbirds aren't in this elite group. B)

Edited to add GB and delete Giants.

Dallas Cowboys

So far the Dallas Cowboys seem to be the unanimous choice in the voting.

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

Washington Generals

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

Minnesota Timberwolves.

Case closed ;-)

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 22, 2019 3:14PM
    Dallas Cowboys

not really, but still funny!!

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Packers have won 13 league championships, the most in NFL history, with nine pre–Super Bowl NFL titles and four Super Bowl victories. The Packers won the first two Super Bowls in 1967 and 1968 and won again in 1996 and 2010.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:
    The Packers have won 13 league championships, the most in NFL history, with nine pre–Super Bowl NFL titles and four Super Bowl victories. The Packers won the first two Super Bowls in 1967 and 1968 and won again in 1996 and 2010.

I made the necessary changes to my OP.

Dallas Cowboys

The vote count has doubled and is still unanimous for the Dallas Cowboys being the worst.

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dallas Cowboys

thank you. :)

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

No love for the 62 Mets?

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

Dallas Cowboys

I have very carefully tabulated the votes and it's the Dallas Cowboys in a landslide.

• KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Buffalo

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jets, post Namath,

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dallas Cowboys

The 1972-3 Philadelphia 76ers went 9 and 73 not too many years after their glory year in 1967.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
    Dallas Cowboys

Just to make sure, I've asked PricewaterhouseCoopers to double check all the poll numbers. They most graciously agreed.

So far it is confirmed, the Dallas Cowboys continue to be a huge unanimous choice for worst team in the history of mankind.

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah, your beat down of the Cowboys could be a bit premature.

Philadelphia Eagles (8-7)
    Clinched playoff spot? No

Division winner? No

No. 4 NFC seed: The Eagles showed up, beat the Cowboys and now have a chance to clinch the NFC East. All they need is to beat the Giants in New York on Sunday. If they lose and the Cowboys beat the Redskins, Philly is out. If they lose and the Cowboys lose, Philly is in as an 8-8 division winner.

The Eaglettes did lose to the Giants in O/T in week 14. AND, the Cowboys beat the Redskins 31-21 in week 2. So, before you pop the champagne...should luck fall your way, your team will surely fail moving forward and is incapable of competing against upper tier teams. An 8-8 team won't get it down. Oh, did I forget to mention it's an away game for the Eaglettes?

But, Merry Christmas...could be the Grinch awaits on Sunday. B)