Home Metal Detecting

Musket shot?

Found recently on a beach in the Bay Islands of Honduras. Size of small marble and appears to possibly
be lead. My homework on the internet leads me to believe 16-17th century musket shot ammo for pistol.
Thoughts?

Best Answers

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not me but here is some info. http://hardcoretreasurehunting.blogspot.com/2013/10/lead.html

Lead is a really good sign when you are beach or shallow water hunting in an area known for older coins and jewelry.
    Some of my best beach and shallow water metal detecting finds have come from hunts were I recovered multiple lead targets first.
    I recovered a handful of early 1800s lead musket balls before finding my 1836 gold half eagle coin.

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• MellowstoneMellowstone Posts: 3

Thanks 1630 Boston for the comeback & with a great pic of your finds to compare with. Also real good advise about the lead finds being a clue for other treasure nearby. Very Nice intro for me having just joined up. Much appreciated to you Sir and the group. Buen dia. Good morning.

Answers

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mellowstone....Welcome aboard.... Nice find.... and good luck in your searches....I hope you find a gold coin like @1630Boston ....Cheers, RickO

• Thanks RickO, appreciate your comment & support. Gotta tell you and members I'm feeling real good coming onboard. With over 40 years fishing up North it's more than instinct that tells me when I'm onboard a Highline Vessel with top notch crew. This is an amazing Organization and thankful for this opportunity.