Home Precious Metals
Options

Signing up for ebay bucks and opting in for bonus buck offers

derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

Been posted before, but for those who missed it:

First you have to sign up for regular ebay bucks here. This enables you to earn regular ebay bucks on your purchases.

Bonus bucks is a separate sign up and requires the following steps:
Once signed up for regular ebay bucks,
1. In My Ebay click on the "account" tab
2. select "communication preferences"
3. at the bottom of the page and to the right of "promostions and surveys" click on "show" and then put a check mark in the second and third boxes.
4. click "save."

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

Comments

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Doesn't always work. Some of my accounts get them some don't. They are all have the same settings, buy, sell habits etc. It's a mystery why some accounts get bonus bucks and others don't.

I have an account that got bonus offers for a decade then got zip for 2 years then suddenly started getting every offer again, then last quarter shut off and hasn't received an offer since.

Another account 5 years straight hasn't missed a single offer. Another account gets most of them but gets snubbed about 20% of the time. No rhyme or reason.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options

@blitzdude said:
    Doesn't always work. Some of my accounts get them some don't. They are all have the same settings, buy, sell habits etc. It's a mystery why some accounts get bonus bucks and others don't.

Will never work if you haven't completed the steps in the OP. Signing up and opting in does not guarantee you will receive offers. But it does guarantee you are eligible to receive bonus offers.

How ebay chooses who receives each offer will alway remain a mystery. I have notice that I never receive the bonus offer on my ebay store account.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bonus bucks is one per person regardless of the number of accounts... based upon the rules listed somewhere on the Bay.

How they figure that out is the mystery since it seems many have receive bonuses under multiple accounts.

And some don’t.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hemispherical said:
    Bonus bucks is one per person regardless of the number of accounts... based upon the rules listed somewhere on the Bay.

How they figure that out is the mystery since it seems many have receive bonuses under multiple accounts.

And some don’t.

Not so..I've received this offer for both of my accounts...(selling & buying account)

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    edited December 19, 2019 8:18AM

I also received this offer in two accounts. both accounts show recent buying activity and both accounts show use of bonus ebay bucks with the last offering.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OPA said:

@Hemispherical said:

And some don’t.

Not so..I've received this offer for both of my accounts...(selling & buying account)

@derryb said:
    I also received this offer in two accounts. both accounts show recent buying activity and both accounts show use of bonus ebay bucks with the last offering.

So you both admit to breaking the rules.

No presents for you both... :D:)

Scroll all the way down:

https://pages.ebay.com/rewards/faq.html

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep... have to do the separate sign up... after that, it is up to the mystery ebay formula as to when/if you will get the offers. I've received them, then had a long dry spell, then suddenly started getting them again.

----- kj
  • Options

i stand impeached

• Options
    mark_dakmark_dak Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    Been posted before, but for those who missed it:

First you have to sign up for regular ebay bucks here. This enables you to earn regular ebay bucks on your purchases.

Bonus bucks is a separate sign up and requires the following steps:
    Once signed up for regular ebay bucks,
    1. In My Ebay click on the "account" tab
    2. select "communication preferences"
    3. at the bottom of the page and to the right of "promostions and surveys" click on "show" and then put a check mark in the second and third boxes.
    4. click "save."

Thanks, I had second checked but not third one. I have been getting info on seller specials regardless. Maybe since I don't regularly purchase these items on eBay I won't receive eBay bucks. I have been doing some selling over the past six months or so which must be why I receive "Free listing" no listing fee offers regularly. I'll keep waiting...