Home Sports Talk
Options

Saints facemask on George Kittle

pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kittle was a beast on that play and he had enough presents of mind not to retaliate at the end of it which would have made it off setting penalties.

Comments

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,485 ✭✭✭✭✭

As much as I hate to admit it, it’s looking good for San Francisco. With the Patriots headed for a quick exit from the playoffs, and the Eagles headed for the XFL, it’s not too early to say “Go Baltimore!”

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

That was a really extended facemask too. Lasted for a long time before the player let go.
    And then I actually think he was facemasked again on that same play when he finally went down.
    At least it looked like it to me, did anyone else notice that.
    That was a truly outstanding run after catch!

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:
    That was a really extended facemask too. Lasted for a long time before the player let go.
    And then I actually think he was facemasked again on that same play when he finally went down.
    At least it looked like it to me, did anyone else notice that.
    That was a truly outstanding run after catch!

I thought his fingers were caught at one point

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 9, 2019 6:09AM

I just couldn't believe the ball didn't pop out when he had those Saints players all over him, practically trying to rip him apart. It was amazing he was able to hold onto the ball.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

It reminded me of the way Gronk used to run after the catch.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the Pats don’t make it I’d love to see a Chiefs vs 49’ers Super Bowl. Anyone but Baltimore! Obviously the Giants are out otherwise I’d say anyone but the Giants and Baltimore 😩.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was quite surprised they didn't eject the defender for that facemask. They're certainly allowed to under the rules and we've seen it happen before. I

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tabe said:
    I was quite surprised they didn't eject the defender for that facemask. They're certainly allowed to under the rules and we've seen it happen before. I

I’m totally in agreement. Almost like he was trying to jerk his helmet off. Wonder if the league will fine him

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭✭✭

That dude is phenomenal. Heady, as well. The Seahawks would welcome him with open arms!

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.