Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Heritage Dallas US Coins Auction

Anyone pick up something new and interesting at the latest Heritage auction?? Looking at the auction results, it appears to me there is still a strong market for quality classic US coins, even for an auction not tied to a major show. I was the next highest bidder on an 1860-D G$1 PCGS AU55 CAC, which I now regret giving up.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Strong money indeed.... What is the rarity rating of that coin? Sorry you lost out....but one more bid may well have led to a few more... ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

Absolutely beautiful @Eagleguy .

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    Winchester1873Winchester1873 Posts: 201 ✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    Strong money indeed.... What is the rarity rating of that coin? Sorry you lost out....but one more bid may well have led to a few more... ;) Cheers, RickO

I believe PCGS gives it a rarity rating of 8 for all grades. For me, I know PCGS has 11 more in this grade and another 12 in the next grade of 58. One other with a CAC sticker at this grade and 4 with a 58 grade. I will patiently await the next one. Thanks RickO!

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,973 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do they still take credit card? No one seems to have the answer and their website (as far as I can tell) says nothing. Since they allegedly accept credit cards now only if you agree to 2.5% fee, is it now no longer capped at 2500 like in the past.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    (Yes, yes...I wrote them and they ignored my email.)

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options

@DCW said:
    Do they still take credit card? No one seems to have the answer and their website (as far as I can tell) says nothing. Since they allegedly accept credit cards now only if you agree to 2.5% fee, is it now no longer capped at 2500 like in the past.

Yes. When you get your invoice after an auction, they give you that option in the MyOrders tab on the website, along with an eCheck option. I do recall seeing that they no longer have the $2500 credit card limit, but now collect 2.5% of the charge for fees. The also list a toll free number to call if you want to pay over the phone with the card.

• Options

Nice Draped Bust Dollar @oldUScoins, and welcome to the forum! Do you collect from any other series or types?

• Options
    oldUScoinsoldUScoins Posts: 232 ✭✭✭✭

@Winchester1873 said:
    Nice Draped Bust Dollar @oldUScoins, and welcome to the forum! Do you collect from any other series or types?

Thank you! Yes I’m also collecting bust half dollars and standing liberty quarters - these are my main focus right now along with the early dollars.

• Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does have any quality Mexico Second Republic Coins?

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Winchester1873 said:

@DCW said:

Yes. When you get your invoice after an auction, they give you that option in the MyOrders tab on the website, along with an eCheck option. I do recall seeing that they no longer have the $2500 credit card limit, but now collect 2.5% of the charge for fees. The also list a toll free number to call if you want to pay over the phone with the card.

And to add, Paypal and American Express are no longer accepted.

• Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 8, 2019 12:26PM

Here are a couple of coins that I bought for resale. Normally, I wouldn't post things that I'm trying to sell because this is not a BST forum. But in this case, the coins are so out-of-favor and unlikely to sell anytime soon that I'm going to let it slide.

The half dollar is PCGS 66 CAC. The two-feather nickel is PCGS 64.

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1peter1223 said:

@Winchester1873 said:

@DCW said:

@Coinstartled said:

@Winchester1873 said:

@DCW said:

And to add, Paypal and American Express are no longer accepted.

So there is no limit ( was $2,500 ) to a credit card purchase but the 2.5% fee is added . No American Express or PayPal though ?
    Is this confirmed ? I believe it is stated in the auction terms to "call them ahead and get pre-approved" for this ?

I cannot confirm that the $2500 limit has been lifted but it makes sense that it would be.

I can confirm that AE and PP are no longer payment options for their signature and online auctions, though they seemingly take them on their Ebay sales.

I was told about the new CC requirements a few weeks ago by a customer service representative. Paid an invoice last night and the Amex and PP choices are no longer available.

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,973 ✭✭✭✭✭

It would be nice if Heritage would take the time to clarify this issue on their website. To me it is a head scratcher when a seller overlooks something so completely obviously like letting people know what payment options are available to them. It affects decision making during the bid process, which affects the prices realized, which affects the consignors, etc. Etc.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file